Too Hot to get out and shoot!

I think we have the ideal summer this year over hear.Last two weeks we have few days with sun and 90F temp.Than a few days rain and lower temps in the 65F.Right now we have a drizzle rain after a bright sunny day.Not to hot.Just right.Later this week we are back in the 90+F.

T

topher04r1

use the time to brush up on photoshop .... thats what i do ...

Well, I've been reading my "creative lighting field guide" and Moose Peterson's NIKON GUIDE TO WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY. Also reading back and forth on my D200 guides. Gonna "shoot" the cats later.

Oh, but it's moist heat!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Right now it's 58 degrees, and with gorgeous puffy white clouds and blue sky and a light wind! Supposed get real hot today--all of 77 degrees. Maybe by next Thursday we will hit the mid 80's again. Some places north of here had frost 2 nights ago!

I love summer :Love::tongue:

Of course my initial reaction to to weather reports like this is "You su#*". I was born in MA, schooled in VA, ended up on the Gulf Coast. I suppose I'm fortunate the mainland doesn't continue much further south. But with a little seasoning :wink:, I've come to appreciate the big picture. Let's compare notes in February :smile:.

When I lived back home in Louisiana, I didn't feel the heat quite as much as I do here. I guess it's the trees, the grass, not so much concrete where I was in Ruston. We didn't even have AC! As for getting up early to shoot, I always do, but then it heats up really quick!

Dianne,

When you lived in Ruston, did you by any chance know Buddy and Misty Barnett?

Of course my initial reaction to to weather reports like this is "You su#*". I was born in MA, schooled in VA, ended up on the Gulf Coast. I suppose I'm fortunate the mainland doesn't continue much further south. But with a little seasoning :wink:, I've come to appreciate the big picture. Let's compare notes in February :smile:.

Don't wait that long---'coz I LOVE winter. BUT.....

By mid week (Wed/Th) we are predicted to be 102-103 for a high! Ah, but it's dry heat :biggrin:

The weatherman said 105 temps by tomorrow! That means, too hot to get out and have a good time shooting something! What to do when it's too hot to go out? :confused:

Sometimes it's not what I want to do, but what I need to.:biggrin: The digital thermometor on my back porch says 105 degrees. :eek: I'm headed out to the barn to clean up all the manure and get it in a trailer to take to my neighbor's garden. Sound like fun?:rolleyes:

The names sound very familiar! I knew a bunch of barnetts - I do much better when I can put a face with a name.

Buddy runs a laboratory. Not sure what his wife does, I know they were active with their high school aged kids when I knew him back in 1995-1997. Back then, they lived on the edge of town on a highway (Northwest of Ruston, IIRC). Since then they moved.

Buddy runs a laboratory. Not sure what his wife does, I know they were active with their high school aged kids when I knew him back in 1995-1997. Back then, they lived on the edge of town on a highway (Northwest of Ruston, IIRC). Since then they moved.

I've been in TX since 1986, haven't learned to like it much. I do miss Ruston very much - it was a very quiet little town, except when the football season was going on! Then it was "GO BEARCATS!" or "GO BULLDOGS" or "GO TIGERS!"

I was out this morning shooting at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens but had to come home because of the heat. It is now 104 on my front porch (in the shade).

lillypads.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dianne, get a cheap little Reversing Ring for your 50mm and see things up close. I just spent an enjoyable two hours getting acquainted with the BR-2A and shooting around the house.

We have Tropical Storm Edouard forming just off the coast, so it hasn't gotten too hot in Houston today.

I saw a thread on the DPR KM forum from a guy in Arizona. He says in the summer heat there, his zooms get stiff, and the adhesive on the rubber on his lenses lets lose.

Latest threads

Top Bottom