Too Hot to get out and shoot!

Oh, but it's moist heat!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Right now it's 58 degrees, and with gorgeous puffy white clouds and blue sky and a light wind! Supposed get real hot today--all of 77 degrees. Maybe by next Thursday we will hit the mid 80's again. Some places north of here had frost 2 nights ago!

I love summer :Love::tongue:

D

digi.film

Yes! Our summers keep me indoors with a dry shutter as well. I attempt to seek out indoor places to shoot, but there are so many restrictions now-a-days... except if you use a PnS or your phone cam.

Museums, Botanical Gardens, ... ??

Right now it's 58 degrees, and with gorgeous puffy white clouds and blue sky and a light wind! Supposed get real hot today--all of 77 degrees. Maybe by next Thursday we will hit the mid 80's again. Some places north of here had frost 2 nights ago!

Well, send some of your weather down here! I look forward to cooler temps but they won't show up till around October - I think. Idaho sounds like a nice place to be!:tongue::biggrin:

I did my days in Texas--all 1015 of them! I loved most of them, but I had just come out from India and even south Texas (College Station and Uvalde) seemed cool and livable by comparison!

D

digi.film

Nick, I had two assignments in SLC w/a gvt contractor, so I travelled around Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming quite a bit on my free time. Beautiful country, and temps!

What? 58? degrees in August? Wow it's gonna be 100 here today, and my son has 2 baseball games...one at 1:00 p.m. and the other at 3:00...right in the middle of the heat! That's it I'm moving to potato country!

Same thing here Dianne, supposed to be 102-103, and of course the humidity is high also.

We actually had it good till the end of July.

Its that time of the year.

I'm more worried about hypothermia here than heat. The last week we have experienced blistering temps in the high 50's or low 60's with rain. Suppose to start warming up again in a day or two. I'm not sure there is enough summer left to worry about it being to hot to go out and shoot.

... as the rubber melts off our camera's body... :Teeth::biggrin:

I was a little concerned about my camera yesterday as I stored it in the car. The temperatures here (Chicago) were in the 90's and the humidity was excessive.

I like to have my camera with me so that I can capture scenes that I come across during the day. This is one from yesterday. Although it appeared that it might rain, it never did and the humidity just kept building. :frown:

p261277005-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Glenn

Yesterday's high was 52°, but we did get about 3 hours of sunshine! Today it's back to clouds to the ground and light rain, which is pretty much the way it's been all summer thus far here in Alaska.

When I lived back home in Louisiana, I didn't feel the heat quite as much as I do here. I guess it's the trees, the grass, not so much concrete where I was in Ruston. We didn't even have AC! As for getting up early to shoot, I always do, but then it heats up really quick!

Might I suggest

The weatherman said 105 temps by tomorrow! That means, too hot to get out and have a good time shooting something! What to do when it's too hot to go out? :confused:

A low angle shot of the heat shimmering off the asphalt? Possibly with kids in the background keeping cool in a water fight or something like that. Failing that, there is the trusty old household pet to bother :smile:

A low angle shot of the heat shimmering off the asphalt? Possibly with kids in the background keeping cool in a water fight or something like that. Failing that, there is the trusty old household pet to bother :smile:

Oh yeah! We DO have 3 cats! I could drive them batty trying to get them in interesting situations! They've even closed down several public pools due to some kind of water contaminent. It's too hot though, even for a good water fight, and then there's the water restrictions......

Latest threads

Top Bottom