Too hot to go out an play.

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Chris101, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    So Moses just took it easy.

[​IMG]

2. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    with the white background and paw position, it looks like he could almost me walking and about to click his heels, lol.

3. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

that's really interesting Chris. Amazingly a left crop would both eliminate the dark vignetting and still produce a balanced composition.

4. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Interesting Chris!

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Doug - that's what I was after! :biggrin:

Thanks Lars!

Lemme narrow down my window ... Oh yeah, I see what you mean - like this:

[​IMG]

I do like it better, not only because of getting rid of my shadow (?) but also because his proximity to the left edge makes this a 'Moses is leaving the building' pose. Thanks for the extra eyes. Oh, I also went monochrome and got rid of the ir-blue hair.

6. How funny is this! I love it when the simplest thing makes such an interesting image. Well done... good eye.

7. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Chris,
    Nice capture, I like the the constrast of the background.

I like the way Moses looks at you, and also the way he show off his ... :biggrin:

8. Nicely done. I know the feeling.

9. Pretty funny Chris. Almost looks like someone took the back half of the dog and twisted it 90 degrees in post processing. At first I was perplexed as to what this was. I like the eye looking out as if to say, hey what are your doing.

10. That cracked me up Chris, nice shot. I am like Gordon and Ben, you are drawn to his eye looking at you.

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Woody! Just about any Moses picture looks good as long as I get enough light on him.

Thank you Ben! That's just Moses being Moses.

Thanks David, it is summer ya know!

Thanks! I'm certain I had the 'jump photos' of Philippe Halsman in mind when I did this. Now there is a guy who's work I'd like to study!

Thanks George! Yes, Moses is not too comfortable with me sticking a camera in his face!

Oh, by the way, this was done with a D70ir and the 18-70mm lens in jpeg basic mode (and I seem to have accidentally deleted the RAW version.)

12. That's pretty much how I've felt the past few days (112 at my house two days in a row). If I wasn't stuck doing homework (summer semester) every day I'd be heading up Mt. Lemmon this weekend for sure. My semester's up at then end of the month. Maybe we can push for a Cafe get together up there in August?

Dave

13. Cabrams

Cabrams Guest

I agree completly