Too many to choose from....

Mary and I came across a group of 12 Sandhills. As you know, Mary got the flight shots, and I got laughed at. Here are some more of my shots...
shot at 800 iso, sun was behind the clouds
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

500 iso:
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

That's an interesting looking bird. Wonderful detail in the feathers on the first one. Nice close up on the second one. I like the pose of the third one as well as the feather detail. Nice group shot in the fourth one. How fast do those birds move? We don't have birds that large where I live, but I do see an occasional wild turkey although they are usually too far away to get a clear shot. Very nice!

Good stuff Harris,
Doesn't matter how many times you photograph these guys, you always have to get some more.. Great.

I met up with a few of Harry's neighborhood Sand hills. That was fun. And some kind of a big funny looking turtle. Looks like a pig. lol..

Will post tonight maybe.

Lisa said:
That's an interesting looking bird. Wonderful detail in the feathers on the first one. Nice close up on the second one. I like the pose of the third one as well as the feather detail. Nice group shot in the fourth one. How fast do those birds move? We don't have birds that large where I live, but I do see an occasional wild turkey although they are usually too far away to get a clear shot. Very nice!

These are Sandhill Cranes and they usually dont move too fast, but at 420-500mm any movement is a problem.

Thanks for commenting.

drueter said:
Beautiful shots, as usual, Harris! Always enjoy looking at your sandhill posts -- beautiful and interesting creatures.
Thanks Don, I'm lucky to be able to get so close, and they dont seem to mind me as long as I keep a nice distance. At times, they come up on me.

Cool shots Harris. Hard to believe that these are at ISO800. I see little or no noise. Did you use NI or NN?

Flew said:
Cool shots Harris. Hard to believe that these are at ISO800. I see little or no noise. Did you use NI or NN?

No NR at all. Just regular ol processing. Some levels, usm, resize, post sharpen and voila.

Harris, good stuff, now I'll have to go look at the "laughing" thread as well. I recently found out that we have one spot where the Sandhills show up here during the winter. Already planning a trip over that way for later this year. They sure are gorgeous birds, and you have captured them well.

Thanks,

Latest threads

Top Bottom