Too much controversy here today: let's get back to what's important

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by spalding12, Jul 19, 2008.

1. what does THIS image bring to MIND?

275191602_D6ovZ-XL.jpg

2. Uhhhhh, Captain "Crunch"

3. Captain Crunch..... LOL

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Who's Captain Crunch?!

It reminds me that I've not had pasta for a while, maybe I should have some.

5. it was VERY tasty
    just enough garlic with the white wine/olive oil
    the clams were fresh and PERFECTLY cooked

the dish was the epitome of SIMPLE... but, oh so tasty

6. "Capn Crunch" is actually a cereal, but I was having fun with the two terms thinking of a sea captain and those shells would be really really crunchy. I was having some fun with pun.

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    It makes me think I need to take the family on a trip to visit some of your favorite places to eat! :wink: :wink:

8. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I see, I don't think that cereal is available over here. I've certainly never seen or tried it anyway.

I understand your comment now I know who 'he' is.

9. Greg, it reminds me of a dinner I wish I had. I have been batching it for the last couple of weeks while my wife is out of town and I had a frozen Lean Cuisine dinner tonight. Thank goodness my wife will be back tomorrow.

10. Yes, looks yummy! I'm also alone this week, as my wife & 3 daughters are in Dallas.

11. Gordon...
    i hope that your trip out of town has been a fruitful one
    as for the Lean Cuisine meals....
    i wish i would have eaten one with you... instead of 5 times the calories each of the last few nights... :redface:

it was very tasty

12. Mark.... what HAVE YOU been eating, in their absence?

13. Lol

Greg,

That picture reminds me of the night my wife moved two seats over from me when my order of mussels marinara came at the Italian restaurant when we went out to eat with another couple.

.. because she hates the smell of seafood.

:biggrin:

Don

14. that IS funny, Don
    great story
    and... PERFECT for this thread... thanks

15. Me too, but I conned my way over to my son's house for dinner with his in-laws visiting for a day. My daughter-in-law is one princess of a lady. Jambalaya..oh my how good.

16. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    Greg, I am not classy enough to enjoy clams, do you just pull them eat out and push the shells to the side in this case or what?

17. ooooooooo
    jambalaya
    so tasty

any pictures, rich?

18. you ARE CLASSY, my friend
    and... yes, that is how you eat them

of course... when they come in the shell... they can get away with giving you LESS CLAMS TO EAT.. :rolleyes:

also...
    when you DO eat them this way... have little to drink... or, you just might swallow one of those shells, on accident... :wink:

19. Nope, burp...all gone. :redface:

20. a GOOD burp, though.... i hope :smile: