1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Too Sick for Snow

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by manzico, Feb 23, 2019.

1. We got an incredibly rare snowfall here in Tucson yesterday. I've been super sick with the most doggedly annoying cold for about a week, but I had to drag myself in to work for a morning meeting that I couldn't miss. Luckily (and bizarrely) it snowed all morning and into the afternoon. I'm dying to do a real "Snowy Saguaro" photo shoot, but snow is rare enough. Snow down at elevation with the saguaros that actually hangs around long enough without melting and that occurs when I don't have to be elsewhere (that pesky work schedule) is positively borderline mythological. Well yesterday was almost my day. Unfortunately two things happened. It started raining, and my cold was just too much coughing and sneezing so instead of trekking up into the foothills to get my shots, I had to settle for a roadside chance at some snowy mountain photos. Of course there was an incredibly dramatic break in the clouds lighting up the snowy peaks, but I couldn't get to a good vantage point until that was just fading. I came away with a few shots, but this is another "one that got away" story for me.

#1: Some of the last real sunlight I managed to capture
    168851425.SyWYAVC3.Rust_and_Snow.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2:
    168851424.wvhk3aFA.Emergence.jpg

#3:
    168851426.IUUKWA0Y.Tranquility.jpg

#4: Fading light at this point
    168851427.ioP5SuXf.Winter_Wonderland.jpg

As always, CC are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. As much as I enjoy monochrome versions, the first one in color really makes it for me. Well done!

3. Snow and red rock--nature's cure the cold! Well done.

4. Nice set, #1 is my fav.

5. Well done, with another vote for the 1st image here. I think in this case, the color image works better.

6. Looks like the color shots are a hit. Thanks for all of the comments.

Dave

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.