1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Topanga Banjo Fiddle Contest! Yeehaww!

Discussion in 'People' started by Skunkabilly, May 21, 2007.

1. Ok for you banjopickers and fiddlescratchers out there:

A lot of folks with SLRs were there with midranges and telephotos, but being a familiar face and a banjopicker, I was able to shoot as a participant in the thick of the action.

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the 47th Topanga Banjo Fiddle Contest.

[​IMG]
    I used to compete, but I figure to quit that while I was ahead. It's always good to jam with familiar faces.

[​IMG]
    The festival is held annually in the Santa Monica Mountains.

[​IMG]
    Speaking of Park Rangers, Nina (foreground) with the mandolin, is a backcountry Ranger and a kick butt mandolin picker, which makes her officially the coolest person I know.

[​IMG]
    Some came quite a distance, this gentleman being from Montreal, but most are locals.

[​IMG]
    The next generation of pickers are quite teh adorable.

[​IMG]
    Yummy.

[​IMG]

I tried to take some video but my Fuji F30 kept slipping off the top of my banjo (the banjo is round) and it takes REALLY bad audio. If I can clean it up enough I'll post a video, otherwise I'll just have to buy a camcorder (ouch).

2. Is that Jerry Douglas???

3. I don't know who he is. But, he's got a cool Dobro!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Cool shots and I am sure you had a great time

5. Hi Mitchell,

No he's a local guy, school teacher by day, Dobro wizard by night! I've run into him lots over the years.

6. Thanks Gale, I really need to get more active in the festival scene again.

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I would have loved to be there. It looks like great fun and a lot of skilled musicians. Thanks for posting

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.