Topaz Adjust joins the AI family

Just recently Topaz released Adjust AI, a modern version of their classic plug-in which was originally released over a decade ago. Adjust is useful for popping details out of soft and/or flat images and for adding HDR-like effects to varying degrees.

I helped beta test the new version before release (which is always fun). Here's an example I just did using a RAW (CR2) file, dragged straight into Adjust, with manual adjustments applied:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And another from the same parking-unfriendly town (screenshot size):

You can read more about the release and see more of my own examples on my blog.

Real Name
Philip Armitage
used to have a lot of fun with adjust back in the day. JPG shots straight out of my Fuji S5Pro looked pretty incredible - or so I thought at the time, once tinkered with Adjust. Could be interesting revisiting some of those images

Topaz makes some terrific plug-ins and I use them often. I just got an email from them the other day that said I could download the AI version for free since I already have the older version, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

But I'll tell you Adjust is oneplug-in that needs some discipline to use. So many people "overcook" an image using it, and think it looks great.

That has always been true, bett!

BTW, I checked out your foliage pix as NH is on my short list of eventual retirement states ;-)

That has always been true, bett!

BTW, I checked out your foliage pix as NH is on my short list of eventual retirement states ;-)
Well, the foliage folder was shot at Mad River Glen ski area in Waitsfield, Vermont a couple years ago. It's about an hour and a half from my house.

I'm planning on retiring in Costa Rica in maybe 15 years, So let me know when you're ready. If it lines up there might be a beautiful 2 bedroom cape for you in Plainfield, NH :)

Plainfield, NH - Google Search

Ah, a tropical destination! We're in LA now and have had enough of "tropical" ;-). Need a little rustic.

PS: More like 4 years.

Topaz makes some terrific plug-ins and I use them often. I just got an email from them the other day that said I could download the AI version for free since I already have the older version, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

But I'll tell you Adjust is oneplug-in that needs some discipline to use. So many people "overcook" an image using it, and think it looks great.
I love it too. We had a great thread running on Topaz Adjust on this forum.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom