Topaz Denoise AI Updated; Interesting Writeup

Real Name
Dan
I just downloaded the update of Topaz Denoise AI(free to current users). They also have an interesting non-technical explanation on their website of the "AI" aspect of the software. Interesting read only takes a couple of minutes. This is the main purpose of this post is to provide this link to the writeup for those interested.

I haven't tried the upgrade yet so not sure if it works any better. But they did add a masking function. The latest version of Sharpen AI also added masking but at a huge cost in speed(at least on my machine).

Now we need to convince Topaz to remove the dust bunnies/hairs from photos during processing.
I've just sent them a memo outlining a product ( and volunteered as many images as they think could be helpful) just for that purpose.

Last edited:
Upgrade Topaz Denoise this morning..haven't played with the mask feature but did play with the nighttime mode that apparently hits Croma noise a little harder. Image of the cardinal below was late afternoon in the midst of branches so low light. Iso on the Z7 was 7200 and exposure 1/500 f5.6 using the 200-500 on the FTZ adapter.

From 1st glance pretty happy with the way it turned out, feel it is an improvement from what I was getting before (setting in this case was AI Clear.)

JWZ_0839.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom