Topaz Gigapixel AI 4 released (free upgrade/discount)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Karen, did you get your discount?

PS: I am now using a 2017 i5 SSD iMac with an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB card and it's a bit more aggressive than the other two computers ;-)
I forgot about this thread and just responded to the email I got from Topaz. $79 (I think!) is what I paid.

I forgot about this thread and just responded to the email I got from Topaz. $79 (I think!) is what I paid.

Ha, don't do that again ;-)

My coupon worked on top of the launch special.

In other news, I've been running batches all day (over 7 hours) with no issues. The Fusion iMac is still crunching along on the final items.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
So we have very different GPUs.

My other main machine which I will have access to next weekend, has the more recent and more powerful AMD RX 580 with 8GB, so I will try that with the High setting.
I can now confirm that the other computer, almost identical except that it has an AMD RX 580 with 8GB of GPU memory, does not crash with the GPU memory setting set to high.
So based on these two systems, a setting of High works with an 8GB AMD GPU and a setting of Medium works with a 4GB AMD GPU.

Real Name
Dan
I've done a good bit of testing with AI Gigapixel versus ON1 Resize(the original Genuine Fractals engine). At 4x enlargement it is slightly better. How much better? Definitely noticeable if you're a pixel peeper. Probably a marginal improvement on print media. But for those looking for ultimate quality all the time it is clearly an improvement over genuine fractals.

Latest threads

Top Bottom