1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Topaz Glow - First Try

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by taat2d, Dec 11, 2014.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Hi all. I haven't posted on the Cafe in quite awhile. Don't get much time with the camera much lately. Downloaded Topaz Glow. Not too sure how much I would use it, but I thought the effects were pretty cool. So here is my very first attempt using it. Would you love to hear what everyone thinks. I'm going for a subtle glow. Not sure if I achieved that or over did it a bit. Hope ya like it. Thanks in advance.

Original
    p104100800-4.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Glow
    p445420278-4.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Personally, I prefer the original. But, it's your image and your choice.

3. web52

web52

May 9, 2008
    houston tx
    You achieved a subtle difference, a bit more glow.
    Comparing yours with the other Topaz Glow thread, I see that it can be subtle or glaring, like Topaz Adjust.
    Not sure what it would do for me. Actually, I'm in the process of culling out my dependance on Photoshop and am trending towards plugins that can work stand-alone or with Lightroom, so that leaves Topaz in limbo for me.

Hope you find you can use it.

4. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

No kidding, Joe - I was just thinking about you today, and was wondering whether you were going to post soon. And now, here you are!! :D 

I have to say that I do prefer the first image. I think if you backed up off the Glow process just a bit, you might have a winner with the second image. With the Glow, it looks like a little may go a long way.

Have a great holiday!!

5. waltuba

waltuba

Oct 14, 2005
    Windsor, Co
    I use Topaz through LR . . .

6. Just install Topaz Fusion and you will be able to edit with any of the Topaz plugins from Lightroom or Aperture. It is all explained on the Topaz website.

7. I think you did a great job and did not over-do it with Glow......

8. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanks everyone for taking the time and taking a look at this and giving your opinion. Very much appreciated.

Hey Lyndee. How are you? Hope all is well.

9. I agree.

10. Hard to beat the original. Great shot.

11. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanks Gordon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.