Topaz Plugins<and> PS3 <and not> Win7 64-bit

I know there is that "technical discussion" forum, but I want to get to the Topaz crowd.

I just downgraded to Win7 64-bit from WinXP 32bit. In the old machine I had Topaz and Nik plugins working. Slow, but working.

In the new machine it is really, really FAST! WOW! It takes it only about 1 second to shut down PS and also give the Einsteinian message "a problem" made it shut down Photoshop. :mad::mad::mad:

Do others get Topaz products to run on 64-bit Win7? I really miss it.

I know there is that "technical discussion" forum, but I want to get to the Topaz crowd.

I just downgraded to Win7 64-bit from WinXP 32bit. In the old machine I had Topaz and Nik plugins working. Slow, but working.

In the new machine it is really, really FAST! WOW! It takes it only about 1 second to shut down PS and also give the Einsteinian message "a problem" made it shut down Photoshop. :mad::mad::mad:

Do others get Topaz products to run on 64-bit Win7? I really miss it.

Can't say about 64-bit Win 7, but they work with (32-bit) PSE5 on 64-bit Vista Home Premium.

The problem could be that you're trying to run them with 64-bit Photoshop. (I'm guessing here....)

Good Luck.

Thanks, Bert. Sad thing about it all is that it's the Topaz that pushed me over the edge to downgrade me computer.

oh well, I'm sure Topaz will find a way.

I think you need to give Topaz some time - Win 7 just was released to manufacturer - not everyone has all the bugs ironed out yet. I even have problems with my Symantec endpoint protection on my Win 7 machine and according to them - they will be fully compatible within 30 days of Windows 7 being made available to the public...

Thanks, Bert. Sad thing about it all is that it's the Topaz that pushed me over the edge to downgrade me computer.

oh well, I'm sure Topaz will find a way.

Doesn't PS come with both 64-bit and 32-bit executibles? (I don't own it, but I think that I've read this somewhere...) If so, why not try installing the 32-bit edition to run Topaz? I think that your PC can run both versions concurrently.

D

Debbi

I'm running XP-64 with CS3 and Topaz with no issues at all. If you "downgraded" from XP, you might try a clean install. I'm running the 32-bit CS3 btw.

Well, the Vista64 was a clean install, then I downgraded to the Win7 RC from that.

Topaz has some new 64-bit releases for Adjust and for Simplify :D They have not yet gotten to DeNoise yet, but I'll keep looking for it.

life is getting better now! I still do not like the way Micros**t decided to hide the applications data and documents for win7. I think I've found the 'library' and some of the other files.

Bill..

I am using Topaz on PS-64 bit , Windows 7-64 bit. No problems.

There is a 64 bit Denoise as well. I had to go back and look because I was sure I had it installed (I am at work now) so I downloaded the trial and sure enough, there is a 'denoise_3_x64ext.msi' install file in the archive.

The Info from the PDF:

Photoshop CS4 64 bit
To install Topaz DeNoise for 64 bit Photoshop CS4 for Windows XP/Vista 64‐bit:
1. Complete all of the steps listed in the previous section for 32 bit Photoshop
CS4.
2. Double click “denoise3_x64ext.msi” to run the 64 bit installer and follow
the instructions. It will automatically install Topaz DeNoise for 64 bit
Photoshop CS4.
3. Close and restart 64 bit Photoshop and it’ll be in your Filters menu.

Maybe a clean install of PS is needed?

Don

Well, the Vista64 was a clean install, then I downgraded to the Win7 RC from that.

Topaz has some new 64-bit releases for Adjust and for Simplify :D They have not yet gotten to DeNoise yet, but I'll keep looking for it.

life is getting better now! I still do not like the way Micros**t decided to hide the applications data and documents for win7. I think I've found the 'library' and some of the other files.

Thanks. It was a clean install of everything. I'll have to go back to Topaz and get the newer product.

Latest threads

Top Bottom