Toronto photography day out Sat Jun 9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOLady, Jun 7, 2007.

1. I have space to take two more passengers.... here's the drill so far....

Leave the downtown Toronto area around 9-9:30... heading out to Hilton Falls north of Oakville. Half hour hike to the falls, shoot the falls (probably an hour), half hour hike to the parking lot, head to a raptor rescue centre in north Oakville. Can shoot them in cages and they also take the birds out as well!!! (Have to call them tomorrow to find out showing times). The birds include kestrals, barn owls, eagles, broad-winged hawk, great horned owl, peregrine falcon. Then, after that, we're heading to the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton. They have tame floral areas there, they also have wild trails through the forest.

Rich Gibson and his lovely lady, Carolyn, are visiting and coming. VictorM is on board as well. MarkB is joining us at Hilton Falls and for the rest of the day. If you want to come along, just holler. I can pick you up from Sherbourne subway station at 9AM if you don't want to car it.

I'll check back for messages on this thread regarding anyone else who wants to join us. Should be a fun day full of waterfalls, raptors, flowers and forest wilds!!!

2. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    Hey Sandi,
    I believe the hours for the raptor shows are 1230 and 230 or was it 1 and 3pm. Call to make sure (905) 854-2276 or (905) 854-4342. If you call the tail end of the recorded message gives the show times. Took my kids and the misses a couple weeks back. Pretty nice there. The bald eagle in the side cage is awesome as are the snow owls. The turkey vultures are characters to say the least.
    Who knows I might see you at Hilton if I go riding.
    Have fun

3. Thanks for that, Henry. If you're at the falls, I'll be the redhead! :biggrin:

4. you all have a blast! Cant wait to see some pics

5. Thanks Dave. Rich, Carolyn and I are traipsing around the city today to see the sights. I'll take them over to the Islands for a cool-off as it's pretty warm and muggy today. Of course, the odd beer on an outdoor patio might be in order as well! :wink:

6. Excellent Sandi. Can you clarify which Sherbourne entrance you had in mind? I'm not intimately familiar with that stop, but I'm aware of at least two entrances (main entrance at Bloor/Sherbourne), and another on that side street off Howard St (Glen Rd?).

7. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    Just got back from downtown.

STAY OFF the Gardiner, DVP, 401, you name it. Typical Friday early off work shenanigans.
    Have fun at the islands:smile:

8. Victor, I PMd you my home#. Bloor/Sherbourne main entrance. 9AM, moss green Ford Explorer, parked SE corner. Redhead standing beside it. :smile:

9. Nuts, I am working (very close to the RBG!) It looks like a great day planned and the weather should be good too, just bring lots of water with ya. What is the name of the raptor centre, I think I know what road trip I am taking for my birthday for photos.

10. How fun for you all, looking forward to your pics.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Have a great time folks
    Look foward to the pics:>)))))

12. inamski

inamski

Feb 21, 2007
    Toronto
    Looking forward to see the pictures