Toronto's new garbage collectors

*LOL* Check out this nest!!! These birds (cormorants) will use ANYTHING to build their nests - pieces of plastic fluttering in the breeze - they don't seem to mind. At sunset, you can see flocks of them flying from the city back to the islands to nest, carrying bits and pieces of garbage/plastic/string for the construction job. And their haircuts are another story! *LOL*
42808717.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B

Brew

LOL, that's a good one. Some of that trash is probably softer than sticks but yeah the hair on the one with it's back to the wind is too funny.

Nice picture..

The female bird is sitting there thinking..."Yeah, my mom told me he wouldn't amount to anything. And now I'm living in squalor." Nice shot.

B

Brew

Leigh said:
The female bird is sitting there thinking..."Yeah, my mom told me he wouldn't amount to anything. And now I'm living in squalor." Nice shot.

lol yeah but she's a lousy housekeeper, look at the toilet paper just hanging off of the side of the nest :? :wink:

Sandi,

These birds are just wise in the use of their resources - to quote a Scout motto (I was a Scout leader for a number of years) :) :) Nice shot! Could be used in an anti-litter campaign??

J

jkamphof

Mmmm...kinda reminds me of one of my apartments during my university days.

Cool shot!

Joel.

Sandi,

These guys are difficult to expose because of their dark colors. Very good job.

Are you still thinking of coming down to Merritt?

Latest threads

Top Bottom