touch screen trouble?

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by cwilt, Jul 30, 2008.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Anyone else had any touch screen issues with their iPod Touch or iPhone? I now have a dead spot and its right where the keyboard is. Checked and the warranty is good until next year.

I will go to the local apple store and see what they say. Hopefully it can be resolved quickly since I have been working on a couple of apps.:frown:

First time ever going into an apple store. This could be dangerous.:eek: 

2. No problem with my iTouch, works great.

3. Hmmm, no troubles with mine, and I have to admit I should baby the screen more than I do. It's already survived a 3 week trip to Mongolia and a backpacking trip.

Sean

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Must be my luck then.

Stopped at the Apple store today and the line wrapped around the building. :eek:  No time to wait so I will have to see about sending it in.

This is going to delay my apps a while. If someone releases something similar while I wait for repair I will not be happy.

5. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Contacted apple support. They shipped a box. Arrived today and went back out for overnight delivery.

Will have to wait and see what happens now. :frown:

It was unusable though. Couldn't type anything with an f or g in it.

6. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Recieved my new iPod Touch today from Apple. Not a bad turn around. It would have been here sooner but it always seems to take DHL 2 days to deliver a next day package.

Hopefully I can get back to work now with it. :smile:

7. Sweet. I can't wait to see the apps you are developing !

8. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Me too.:tongue:

I can't seem to get more than a 2 minute block of time for anything these days.

9. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    Hi Charles,

Glad to hear you got your Touch back! The only problem I have had is, as a song would play, the Touch would just quit the song randomly. It was happening to my wife and we were told to update to the latest software. It worked for me so far. No "dead zones" though...yet.

Little Cub

10. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I think it was just one of those freak things. Its replaced and the new one is working fine. Didn't realize that I used it that much until it was gone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.