Tough concert job

Discussion in 'People' started by vieri, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Last friday I got to shoot Yakup, a very good turkish rock band created by rocker Yakup Trana - the club had very bad lighting, if at all, and they seemed to like the idea of placing their few lights behind the performers... one must get really creative to get some usable shots in such conditions. Anyway, here come the pics, all D2xs, the lens used was the 70-200mm f2.8 VR, wide-angle shots with the 12-24:

[​IMG]

[​IMG](this one with the 85mm f1.4 @f1.4)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more here

and the band site is here

C&C as always are very welcome.

2. Yeah looks like a really tough job.......but I like the outcome.
    Even if they are few, these colored lights add to the atmosphere.

I like especially the angled shots.

3. A real challenge.
    I agree with Michael, that the results are good, though. Sometimes we simply have to be forced to be creative ...

Cheers

4. rachellynn

rachellynn Guest

I always seem to get stuck in the same situations when I go to shows, horrible lighting. I think you did a great job, given the circumstance... I really love the colors.

I'm drawn to your fifth photo, but get a little distracted by the actual "lights" above the crowd. I'd see how it looks with a few of those burned out... or possibly a tighter crop from the left? Just a suggestion.

5. Thank you Michael, I am glad you enjoyed :smile:

Thank you Harry, you are right: and, I might add, to be forced to find solutions isn't always a bad thing... :wink: stimulates the brain to work in new directions (the brain - or what is left of it :biggrin:)

Thank you Rachellynn for your very nice words - coming from someone who found herself in the same situation - I am really glad you enjoyed these :biggrin: I thought about taking the lights off, or burning them, but it kinda became unbalanced as composition goes IMHO... thank you for making me think about it anyway, one doesn't always see everything :wink: