Tough crowd....

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by cwilt, May 24, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
  2. I stopped going there after I found the Cafe'. Much nicer folks here.

3. Yessss - This is a much friendlier place!!!!

4. Hope we can keep it this way!

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    We can.... :wink:

The Management

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    way to go FRANK!!! Love the way you took charge. Keep watching over the Cafe for us!

7. Frank is a real tough guy. The way he acts he should be from "Joisey". Annoy him and he sends those bloody vultures after you............ :twisted: :twisted:

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Charles.

The Nikon Cafe was created by Flew and Patrick Bramlett specifically as a place where they and their (expanding circle of) friends could discuss their photography without the noise and adversity that there is so much of in the DPR forums. By creating the Cafe, and starting out by inviting people who were expressing their frustration with the attitude on those forums, they built an atmosphere of support, learning and comraderie.

I have yet to visit any forum where the members care so much about keeping the experience positive. That isn't to say that DPR isn't a valuable resource - it is - but hanging out here is just better. It's usually best to leave DPR conversations there.

And yes, what Flew said is right. The security team here is pretty merciless as far as I can tell. People who come here to stir things up won't be allowed to do so.

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    After being here for a while I forgot what it was like there and was shocked to say the least.

I won't make that mistake again.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I found your moon thread there interesting.

11. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Yes, I know what you mean. Nothing against them, but I am a member of several other photography forums...most are very Canon-biased and us Nikonians deal with discussion underexposure there.

Nice to be here.

;)

C