Tough Guy Shots

Discussion in 'People' started by Joe Marques, Aug 6, 2005.

1. A friend of mind asked for a quick portrait so he can hang a print on the door when his wife gets home (with him snarling at her as a joke). It was a real quick shoot and I was reasonably happy with my first studio shots of a adult male. Comments always welcome, thanks for looking.

20D & 24-70L @ f11 - first the snarl then him being "real" - not a bad expression:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: added color version.

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Neat images, Joe. His expression in the first image is priceless. He has the look like, "where have you been and how much did you spend?". The second image is obviously much less intimidating saying, "Hi Honey, wanna go out on the Harley after dinner?".

Good Job on the images, Joe, he should be pleased.

3. What a great contrast of images! I think there's a lesson in there about posing, too! I like the processing you did on these too~Perfect!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good to see ya Joe,

Great images, good job.

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Hey Joe, I like them. However, I would like to see what they look like in color. I think the tats would be neat if they were in color.

How are your kids. Hope you and the family are doing well.

Regards,

6. Thanks Frank. You've nailed the captions IMO. :) He was pleased - I sent him away with a 16x20 printed in 10 minutes on my Epson 4800. Just a plug for a brilliant printer. ;)

7. Thanks very much Kevin, I appreciate the kind words. :D

8. Hi Gale, thanks for stopping and commenting - much appreciated. :D

9. Hi Patrick. Kids are great thanks for asking. My best to you and your family. :)

His tats are awesome. We're going to do a separate shoot just for the tats. He wants me to submit them to a few tattoo mags. Nothing like diversifying my portfolio. :)

I added the color shot above. I burned the tats on purpose since his shirt was too hot (didn't have my gobo ready for the impromptu shoot). :( I'll be sure to post the tattoo only shots when we do it.

10. Excellent Joe and glad you made a sale out of it. How is your business going? I have thought of you often and wondered how things have been working out. It's not often a lawyer quits and goes into photography. I have missed the shots of your daughter that you used to post.

11. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Beautiful shots Joe! I think you have conveyed his expression very well.

I really miss seeing your posts! Hope all is going well and the family is doing well.

Joe

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Ya, I want him on MY side

Good shot Joe, got a printer question. I currently have a 2200, and it's painfully slow, esp compared to my R800, so I'm pondering one of their newer gen models. Are you printing in sRGB or aRGB with your 4800? PS, is his face really this red? :wink:

13. Hi Gordon. Business is getting there. I have a wedding in 2 weeks that has frankly consumed my life. :) I want to nail it and I'm studying all kinds of resources to prepare myself. I gave up law 8 years ago so it's not an exact trade for photography. ;) Although I would have given up law for just about anything else.

My daughter is getting too big - I'm convinced she's grown 6 inches in the last year. Amazing. I'll be posting more family picks once the summer is over.

BTW, love the shot with your daughters on the trampoline. :D

14. Thanks very much Joe - I appreciate the kind words. It's been a busy summer for me and I miss posting here. :D

15. Re: Ya, I want him on MY side

Thanks Steve. The 4800 is MUCH faster than the 2200. I printed an 16x20 in approx 10 minutes. I print Adobe RGB - greater gamut which the 4800 takes full advantage. Phenomenal printer - no need to look any further.