1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tough Love vs. Spanking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Sep 24, 2008.

1. I got this great parenting tip from my boss today.

Tough Love vs. Spanking - Good Argument

Most of the American populace thinks it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of 'those moments.'

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

Sincerely,
    Your Friend

original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    LMAO! Love it :biggrin:

3. LMAO, I know you did'nt do this so I can go ahead and laugh some more. Funny. Thanks.
    Tim

4. Owned!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Ted:smile:

5. LOVE it!!!!!!! :biggrin:

6. ROFLMAO!!!! Awesome!!! Need more neat ideas!!!

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    HAHA the MPH meter in the background does it for me! :biggrin:

8. Simply brilliant!!!

9. LOL! I love it!

10. Hilarious!!!!

God Bless,
    David

11. hysterically funny! Love it!

12. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Hahaha - I love this...I found that talking didn't work...we spanked and truly believe in it.

13. yeppers we spank too! Sometimes "grounding" doesn't always drive the point home.

14. ha. Funny! When I read it, I was thinking "driving...eye contact..how??" :biggrin:

then I scrolled down. and had a good laugh! thanks.

15. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I agree wholeheartedly with spanking. If it were not for discipline and spanking, where would be turn to for fun in the bedroom?! :eek: 

16. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    As long as some idiot, who has nothing better to do and does not know how to mind their own business, does not report you, you will be OK. These people do not realize the difference between proper punishment and abuse which is why we have teachers 'encouraging' the kids to 'report' to them if they get spanked at home and the teachers in turn HAVE to report to the authorities. Whatever happened to 'Spare the rod and spoil the child'.

17. Lesson learned. LOL.

P.S. I was spanked and I too spank when necessary.

18. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I posted this one at a local mommy forum I belong too.... and no one is laughing! :eek:  I guess photographers has a special kind of humor :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.