Tour de Georgia

The race started in Augusta on Tuesday and is in progress throughout the Georgia roads. I was able to get 75 keepers (usable) out of 90 (didn't want and maybe five that were OOF). I selected 10 as my favorites to be printed. They can be viewed here and as usual, best to take to full size for detail. I was not specifically looking for him but I did get a decent shot of Lance Armstrong in the pack. He is in the last photo #1293. This shoot was also useful to check for focus issues. I'm still pleased.

http://members6.clubphoto.com/larry512016/3197132/owner-1e4c.phtml

I was just reading about that race this morning. I see that Lance is in position to win this race as he is in third with the time trial coming up. Nice images. I love bike racing and was a bike rider for many years myself.

Well, this was my first bike race shooting. Dang things go by fast. With race horses I can track them much easier. I believe that Lance does plan on doing the next Tour de France as his retirement gig and try to go out with #7.

bpetterson said:
Good shots.
All I can say. It's a jam.

Birger
Thank you, all! I just got up after one hour sleep and was doing a last surf when I saw Birger's post pop up. I'll be leaving for the mountains within an hour and be back Monday. No sense in wasting one day by not being up there at first light.

As soon as I get lack I leave for the town of Edgefield for 2-3 days of shooting to get shots to go with a magazine article about the place. For once I have an advance copy of the article so I can run photo concepts from it. Not uncommon where the author and photographer have never met. Yet my name will run as a by-line with her's. Some county magazine in Georgia is looking for me to run a run full photo spread on a feature story that they are doing. Those photos I have in stock but I'm going to let them catch up with me. Always be on guard when you hear the words, this will be good exposure for you. Exposure is easy, cold cash isn't. In the end I'll help them out. Well see ya all in a few days!

Very nice i shoot the Wachovia race here in Philly every year, it is a fun event to shoot. these are very well done looks liek your new cam is doign well in your hands.

K

Kevin Gallagher

Larry...

I'll be in Morganton GA for a week in early June. Are you close by at all?

Re: Larry...

Kevin Gallagher said:
I'll be in Morganton GA for a week in early June. Are you close by at all?
Kevin- I live in South Carolina but Augusta is about 14 miles away on the other side of the river. I have no idea where Morganton is located and it doesn't ring any bells for close by GA towns.

Map check- Morganton a good ways away from here. In fact, I was much closer to Morganton when I was up in the mountains last week. Practically a hop, skip, and a knock away. Interesting town name North of where you will be, Hothouse, GA.

Dirtyharry71 said:
don't know if you saw this on DPR

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=12923561

The day after Tom Boonen won the tour of flanders and one week later he won Paris-Roubaix

way to go Tom !!! :))))
Nice series, Jimmy. I have not been to DPR much lately. I learned later that Armstrong did finish the GA event in fifth. First time cycle shoot for me and there is a lot of colorful and interesting angles.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom