Towhee in the front yard

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Just thought you might enjoy this grab from last weekend. This is about 25% of the original frame, D2X | 500/4 | TC14EII | f/8, 1/90s, ISO 200.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow...what a great image. Outstanding DOF and cropping!

3. Excellent Rory. The red eye is a killer for sure. Sharpness and overall color great.

4. Super sharp shot and love the background! VEry nice job!!

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Another (in a long line of ;-)) excellent shot Rory. The quality of the bird shots on this forum never ceases to amaze and challenge me. Thanks a lot for raising the bar a little higher. :lol:

6. Rory, beautiful capture as always!!!

Are those birds only on the Island? I used to live in Vancouver and, for a few years, out in the Fraser Valley, but I don't think I've ever seen one of those. The red eye is quite startling.

7. I do not think so. According to Sibley we are at the northern edge of it's range. They are quite common here at this time of year.

8. Rory
    Better check your flash technique bad case of red eye going on there :wink: Very cool lookign bird, I am so finched out at my feeders thsi summer, but I did see two hummers visit my hummingbird feeder so hopefully so pics to follow

9. Wow, great shot!

Anthony

10. He he. It is such a pain holding the flash well away from the camera...

11. That is what those gazillion MP's will do for you, a 25% crop, wow. Looks great. I saw one of these locally earlier in the year, took me a while with Sibley to ID it. This little fellow certainly struck a nice pose for you as well. About how far away do you reckon you were?

12. Hi Bill - welcome back :lol:

About 30 feet.

13. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Fantastic image Rory. I'm jealous though -- those are very common around here, but they never come out in the open except just long enough to taunt me. I have one clean shot of the female, but I'd have to composite a bunch of partials to get a full image of the male.

14. Very nice Rory. Was this 25@ of the full 12mp? or 25@ from the HSC? I am guessing it was from the full 12mp?

15. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    WOW, Rory! Great capture!

16. Hi Jim

25% of full frame.