Track photos tweaked in Aperture

I'm just learning Aperture, so tell me if this photo looks better/worse..or any other suggestions. Thanks

Before

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After-

View attachment 91650

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, the improvement is very nice. The original had the action, but not the "pop". Now, it has it all. Well done.

Very nice this is all your shots have needed a few have been dark now you always had sharpness and the action now you have it properly exposed

G

Geo31

Looks like you have too much red. Perhaps a little too much yellow, but it's hard to tell from the red.

Look closely at your whites.

Looks like you have too much red. Perhaps a little too much yellow, but it's hard to tell from the red.

Look closely at your whites.
Ok, I'll pay closer attention next time. As I said, I'm just learning Aperture and PP in general, so I do appreciate all the help and advice I can get.
Thanks

Not bad Jeff but looks a little too bright on my monitor..Could be just mine..
Now that you mention it, I need to calibrate my monitor again. Been awhile.
I think the first image I posted was too bright..so I toned it down, when I replaced it with the second. Still...I see a monitor calibration in my future...:smile:

Frank & Mike Mac...

Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement. As stated many times, you guys have set the bar high...(note the track and field reference..:smile: )
But seriously, the high quality of images posted here...well mine just pale by comparison. So I'm working harder to make better images, learning more about post processing. Not to compete with you guys, but to turn out the best images my equipment and I are capable of.
And I know I'm not even close yet, but I'm farther along than I was last year.
Due in large part to the help, advice, criticism I've received here.

Thanks for all the help

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom