Track shots

Drove like a madman after the few baseball shots to get to my kids meet.
Struggled with missed focus..shooting into the sun...soft faces...

Any track shooters out there having trouble with focus with kids coming
straight at you...I shot in continuous and could not get a sharp shot...:confused:

This is my kids best friend

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jr in the 1600 meter run.....He broke 5 minutes ( so a good night ) !!
Finished 4th

Hey, these are good. The backlighting on the first leaves a pleasant aura around his head. We'll have to discuss this stuff on Sunday, I would like to give track a try since no one pays much attention to our athletes. Oh, please tell your son congratulations from all of us.

I started with track, and in general don't have the problem you're referring to. You can always try forcing the camera to focus in front of the athlete and swing to the athlete.

G

Geo31

I've yet to shoot track, but I shoot a 5k generally twice a month and shoot marathons or other road racing when I have the opportunity (and am not competing myself).

I don't know what equipment you're using, but I use a D70 with a 80-200 f/2.8. I've gotten the best results shooting with AF-C using the "sports" setting. I've messed with SP and other things, but I've liked the shutter speed/aperture selections I've gotten.

Anyway, I've found that I need to let the focus track for at least a second to ensure good focus.

She may be 13 but she won the women's division!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom