Track

Real Name
Chris
track.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
Fantastic!
Neat shot Chris.
Brilliant composition Chris
Yes, brilliant composition. Nice shot Chris. Next time put a penny on the track!:D

Thanks David, Art, Morten and Samuel! I appreciate the encouragement. And I WILL take a penny along next time. ;)

Love the angle in this Chris, what is the structure in the distance on the right?

Thank you Mark. I'm not sure what that is - it's HUGE! Some sort of inflated structure, and that's what called me to shoot here - the unfettered access to the rail was just gravy. You can see this thing from a couple miles in every direction, and I saw it from about a mile and a half, where the track crosses a road. Next time I'll take a longer lens - I only had a 35 for this.

Chris,
Excellent shot with an interesting different point on view.
Well seen (as usual) and captured.
And the black and white grain adds an air of 60's photojournalism to the shot.
just needs a skoosh of leveling to fix the horizon sloping down from our left to right.
That structure is some sort of inflatable dome. We,ve got a number of them here in Toronto used for indoor golf driving ranges, and indoor tennis courts.
Years ago when our son played competitive baseball, we would practice on the "field" of a golf dome after they closed it to the public for the night. The artificial turf over concrete nearly finished what little was left of my ankles, knees and hips.

Real Name
Chris
long way gone:)

It is! The point where the mirage and poles become irresolvable is 6 miles away by my guess. The road crossing signal is about half a mile away. Eh?:

track100.jpg

Real Name
Chris
Chris,
Excellent shot with an interesting different point on view.
Well seen (as usual) and captured.
And the black and white grain adds an air of 60's photojournalism to the shot.
just needs a skoosh of leveling to fix the horizon sloping down from our left to right.
That structure is some sort of inflatable dome. We,ve got a number of them here in Toronto used for indoor golf driving ranges, and indoor tennis courts.
Years ago when our son played competitive baseball, we would practice on the "field" of a golf dome after they closed it to the public for the night. The artificial turf over concrete nearly finished what little was left of my ankles, knees and hips.

Thanks!

This looked tilted to me too. So I tried to fix it. Back and forth, back and forth. The line the other track makes with it's slightly negative slope, the buildings on the left, a tilting power pole, and even more the tilted reflective surface of the track ... all going in the same direction, make the picture look tilted. So I laid a level across it, and opted for this orientation:

halftrack.jpg

One pixel to the counter clockwise might be better?

Chris is this in Tempe? If it is that looks like ASU's football practice dome. Btw i like that angle, great shot!

Real Name
Chris
Chris the problem is the world is round not flat haha jk

You're right Mark, it's not!

Thanks.

Chris is this in Tempe? If it is that looks like ASU's football practice dome. Btw i like that angle, great shot!

I think it's in Tempe - or maybe Chandler. It's not the ASU dome. I drive by that one all the time, on Rural just south of the river. This one is on Warner between Kyrene and Priest. When you cross Eliott going south on Kyrene, you can see it way down the tracks. At times the light makes it downright luminous.

And thanks!

Latest threads

Top Bottom