Trackday @ a French circuit

Hello peeps,

It has been a while since uploaded some pictures although that I'm quite busy shooting pictures. First of all, the following images I have uploaded are again related to motorsports, some of you may know that I like it alot but at the end I'm more often shooting birds, animals and landscapes.
I have some great news; I'm the onwer of the fantastic 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens wiiiiiiiii finaly :cool: :smile: !!! It is a superb glasswork and I consider myself as a very lucky bugger owning one. This trackday was the first true test for me with this lens.
I'm very very happy with the results I get with lens, you will see why :biggrin:

About that day : I was invited by a friend of mine, who drives a Lotus Elise himself, he is a true petrolhead. There was another photographer around the track aswell, she was there to sell her photos to the drivers. As far as I'm concerned she wasn't shooting at the right spots and she was even shooting against the light... come on !!?!! There where two nice wide corners where some of the cars drifted through, she missed all of that. But I didn't :redface: :smile: I sold my first pictures online as well, to one of drifting Porsche drivers.

Hope you enjoy the pics, and please feel free to give me any remarks.

Lotus%20Elise%201.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lotus%20Elise%202.jpg

Lotus%20Elise%204.jpg

Drifting%20Porsche%201.jpg

Caterham.jpg

Bart%20Lotus%20Elise%201.jpg

Drifting%20Bart%20(wallpaper).jpg

Kind Regards

Johan

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work Johan

Excellent job on the panning too. Curious, why did you choose to stop down so much? Was it midday and the sun was too bright? Love those Lotus Elise's. Great "affordable" & tossable track car.

Steve S said:
Excellent job on the panning too. Curious, why did you choose to stop down so much? Was it midday and the sun was too bright? Love those Lotus Elise's. Great "affordable" & tossable track car.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't stopped down that day, the weather was fine at the beginning but the clouds started moving in quite soon, so bye bye perfect conditions :frown: I was glad I had the f/2.8 there, the pictures turn out even more bright. It is a good remark you make there Steve, I have been experimenting with the "stopping" thing this week and I must say I'm really impressed with the result. I will try to upload those pictures tomorrow or even maybe tonight.

btw: the last pictures is my mate who throws his Lotus into a drift :smile:

Kind Regards

Johan

Hey Johan, nice series of images. All of them are pretty neat but my favorite is the last one. I'll bet the driver would like that one as well.

greyflash said:
Hey Johan, nice series of images. All of them are pretty neat but my favorite is the last one. I'll bet the driver would like that one as well.

Hi Greyflash,

Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed, that's one of my mates, he is planning to make a huge print of the original file :smile: The dimensions of that one make a huge poster.
That picture is made at the end of the day, it was his last lap and one of his best drifts through that bend, he couldn't wait to see the photo :smile:

Kind Regards

Johan

Johan,first congrats on a great lens,you're gonna like it
Second I see Belgian registration plates did they hire that circuit for themselves? Where is this in the North of France?

As usual I like your pictures

hans said:
Johan,first congrats on a great lens,you're gonna like it
Second I see Belgian registration plates did they hire that circuit for themselves? Where is this in the North of France?

As usual I like your pictures

Hi Hans,

Yes indeed, that circuit lays in the north of France, just over the Belgian border. Here is the circuit's website in case you are interested http://www.circuitdecroix.com/ :smile: They didn't hire the circuit themselves, it was a trackday. And in this case it ment that anyway could participate if you had payed 95€ in advance. I was surprised by the number of Belgian lincence plates I saw there. Besides the Belgian invasion, there were a few English and French men as well.

Flemish regards :smile:

Johan

Jim Strathearn said:
Johan,

Excellent panning job and great pics all around. Not surprised that you sold some so quickly... :cool:

Hi Jim,

Hehe, there were a few Porsche drivers who difted through a number of bends there, and this makes it perfect to shoot pictures from. Between sessions I walk up to them and showed them the photos on the lcd-screen (chimping pays off isn't it ? :cool: ) They liked the pictures immediately and asked me what the price was ... it was as easy as 1 2 3 :biggrin:

Thanks for the kind words

Keep it up you guys

Kind Regards

Johan

Latest threads

Top Bottom