Tractor

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RayGuselli, Dec 10, 2005.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi

Took a shot of a tractor which came out a bit boring: so.....................

hope the retouch has worked.

As always help and advice appreciated.

Best wishes

Ray

original

[​IMG]

Processed

[​IMG]

2. Wow, your effects would fit right into "The Orient Express" - neat!

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Paul

Hey, please don't even think of editing the post - helpful criticism and comment is what it is all about.

Paul, I knew the lighting was wrong but the dilema I had (and as previously noted) was that sometimes, to get the sky effect with the sun in it, if you start working light to the front of the image it is inevitably wrong.

I know I do this - not sure how to correct it.

I tend to go for a dramatic type sky with the ligh/sun in it, but do paint light to the front of the image.

Now I know that is wrong but it seems the only way to get the effect.

I either lose the sky or lose the ligh to the front of the subject......I think.:confused:

I think you know what I mean and any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Look forward to hearing from you please if you get a chance.

Best wishes

Ray

5. Another very dramatic effect, Ray! Your rendition really brings out the colors of the wagon and of course, the sky is wild! Don't know how to fix the light issue mentioned earlier but perhaps someone will have the answer. :smile:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ray I love it :>)))

OK Paul...
    Out with the lighting fix :>))

Personally the only one I see if the one left wheel ground, no light should be there ???

I am no good at that either.

So Print it and hang it on my wall :>)))

7. Hello Ray

Neat machine. The light was difficult at best in this shot so a standard edit to bring out the color is a challenge, at least for me. Your edit is very dramatic and surreal, the colors are awsome. I don't know how you do this to begin with so I can't offer advise. IMO the unusual lighting adds to the affect, that is to me it enhances it.

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thank You

Just to say thanks for the very kind comments.

I suppose I am enjoying some "licence" with the lighting to make the shot dramatic.

I wonder if it is because the lighting is sort of playing against itself, that makes it dramatic.

However, many thanks and any help or advice from Paul on the very valid point he made re lighting would be appreciated.

Best wishes

Ray