Trade D200 for D2Hs...?

I've got an offer on my D200 ( and MB-D200) to trade it plus 300 euro for a 2year old D2Hs with over 100.000 actuations....i refused it since the camera was used most of its time on soccer games by a pro-shooter and told him that trading a 20.500 milleage D200 for an over-100.000 D2Hs didn't interested me....he's using a D2X now and put the Hs on a shelf, so he told me...

I haven't seen the camera yet, but i'm told it's in good condition (aesthetic) and he'll try to sent to Nikon for shutter replacement (which is still working but the 2 yearwarranty ends in june)....if that goes well, i might consider it....i'm tempted due to its reputed high-iso performance ( this comparison looks indeed good -> https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=108772&page=2 ), as well as everything else you already know....i don't think i really need 10MP, but wouldn't want to loose on the great colours i get from the D200.

I really like the D200 but can't afford 2 cameras....i know some of you have traded the D200 for D2Hs and opposite, so if you can shed some light on my troubled mind, i'd be thankfull....:biggrin:

If any of you can send ( email -> sandrobravo@vizzavi.pt ) me some ISO 800 /1600 /3200 /6400 RAW files from a D2Hs i'll appreciate it . I've seen some high-iso jpegs, but i'm not interested in seeing processed stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm why would you want to go from 10 Mp to 6.1 Mp
would be better to wait and see what Nikon comes out with next and 100.000 is a lot and you do not mention how many you have on your D200

hmm why would you want to go from 10 Mp to 6.1 Mp
would be better to wait and see what Nikon comes out with next and 100.000 is a lot and you do not mention how many you have on your D200
It's 10MP to 4.1MP actually and i can live with that...i don't really need 10MP.

As far as milleage is concerned, as i posted above, i have 20.500 shots on the D200 and that particular D2Hs is supposed to have the shutter replaced, which would mean, 0 shots taken.

Had a similar circumstance when I was torn between acquiring a new D80 and a used D2 series. A couple of local professionals strongly suggested staying with the more user friendly D80 or D200 series

Hello,

if you don't need to crop out much or make huge prints often: go for the D2hs. If I rember right, you shot a lot of sports (surfing?)? For fast action the D2hs is better than the D200 for sure. Especially the D2 AF is awesome for fast action.
The D2hs is in every aspect, except resolution, better than the D200: AF performance, viewfinder, high iso performance is much better (less noise and better colours), the battery is better, more professional body etc.....

A very interesting review of the D2hs can be found here: http://www.imagepower.de/IMAGES/imgEQUIPMENT/D2Hs.htm

Hello,

if you don't need to crop out much or make huge prints often: go for the D2hs. If I rember right, you shot a lot of sports (surfing?)? For fast action the D2hs is better than the D200 for sure. Especially the D2 AF is awesome for fast action.
The D2hs is in every aspect, except resolution, better than the D200: AF performance, viewfinder, high iso performance is much better (less noise and better colours), the battery is better, more professional body etc.....

A very interesting review of the D2hs can be found here: http://www.imagepower.de/IMAGES/imgEQUIPMENT/D2Hs.htm

Hi Joe,

I’ll eventually get a D2Hs, but the one in question is too much of a risk and would mean ditching the D200 that has served me well for the past year. I’ll wait for a price drop of for a mint / low-milleage one instead of risking getting a beat-down workhorse…..and also keeping the D200 instead of trading it.

The D200, as far as my surfing shooting is concerned has made wonders with the 500 F4, got my 1st cover with it and increased the number of shots I’m getting published. Shooting RAW has also helped…but the focus speed and 5FPS have been adequate enough. Unless Nikon delivers a new sports-oriented pro-body, a D2Hs will be my choice in the near future.

G

GastheerG

I have a D70 and a D2H. I will NEVER swap my D2H for a D200!
The D2H(s) is the best workflow camera ever build.

But if you think MP´s is a solution for great pics. Ignore the the D2H(s)!

ISO 3200 and 6400 is unusable for real photo´s. Only for having the shot.

I hope Nikon will be lances the D3H so many D2Hs´s will come on the used market and I will swap my D70 for a used D2Hs.

I´m using Nikon for 30 years (got them all) and the D2H is the best thing happened to me.

BUT!!!!! You only become great results when your exposure is right! And it´s a little more critical then cams like the D70 and D200!
But colors are SO great and the best thing close to film!

Enjoy life: take a D2Hs

d2hs is a much better camera in my opinion.the 4.1 d2hs pixels seem better than the 6.3 d70 pixels in that I can blow them both up to the d70 max and the d2hs will probably look better.

d2hs is a much better camera in my opinion.the 4.1 d2hs pixels seem better than the 6.3 d70 pixels in that I can blow them both up to the d70 max and the d2hs will probably look better.

I agree completely. I recently picked up a D70 as a lightweight backup for when the D2Hs is too heavy. It is a fine camera, but I'm shocked at how much better the D2Hs images are.

G

GastheerG

Yes. I use them both and for professional printing in magazines and flyers I always use the D2H.
I’m not a pro but a few times a week I deliver photos for the company I work (and partly own).
Those photos are mostly from people and the skin colors straight out of the D2H are great!

But for vacation I prefer the D70 because off the weight. Last year I did a hike in Croatia with my D2H and several lenses. And water food etc.
Believe me the D70 is a far more hikers friendly camera.

If money is not an issue for me the perfect line up would be:
D2HS and a D40x

D2HS when I really GO for the photo’s and the D40x for vacation and family days and as a back up.
But first there has to be a D3H to kill the D2HS prices and the introduction price off the D40x need also pushed a little to the bottom.

Till then: doing fine with the D2H and D70

Sandro,

I posted some comments in the thread that you had linked in your first post if you are interested. If you want some D2Hs RAW files let me know and I'll send you some. BTW, I love my D2Hs. :smile:

Sandro,

I posted some comments in the thread that you had linked in your first post if you are interested. If you want some D2Hs RAW files let me know and I'll send you some. BTW, I love my D2Hs. :smile:
Thanks Flew, i just read your comments on the other thread.

If you can send me some D2Hs RAW files ( preferably at higher ISO), i'll apreciate it. You can use this email : sandrobravo@vizzavi.pt

If i get to sell the 500 F4, i'll most likely go for a D2Hs and a 300 F2.8 VR and use the TC's i have...i'll probably used a 300 much more than i'm using the 500...

I've had my D200 since May of last year and loved it for most shooting situations; Auto Drifting, Street and Macro. I picked up a "like new" (pre-owned) D2H with 1633 actuations on it a few months ago and have been using it 99.9% of the time now, "Fantastic Camera"! I can only imagine how much better the D2Hs is? I've made 3 ea A3 (42cm x 29.7cm) prints which I and everyone who viewed them was very happy with. I would not sell my D200..... unless I can get a screaming good deal on a D2Xs :biggrin: . However, if I could only have one camera (D200 or D2H/Hs) I'd spring for the D2Hs. There is a world of difference in the auto focus of the D2's and D200/D70/D80/etc. Good luck with whatever decision you make. They are both great cameras.

If money is not an issue for me the perfect line up would be:
D2HS and a D40x

Hi there, goede morge ! Actually, you got me thinking in the same lines. Maybe a D40 but the 10MP in the D40x is sure interesting and compliments the D2Hs for landscape / holiday travel shooting.

Latest threads

Top Bottom