Trailside - Oregon

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by greyflash, Jul 12, 2005.

1. While hiking in Oregon I came across these two images on the side of the trail:

Flowers

Leaves

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gordon

Pretty flower.

Both pics are the same :>))

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    there they are. :>)))

Pretty leaves also.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    They are beauties Gordon. I'll bet that hiking up there was wonderful. Where did you go?

Show us more. :wink:

5. Very nice contrasty colors

6. Very nice Gordon, I bet it was a great hike. These are presented beautifully.
    Sure wish I could find a hiking/backpacking buddy in my area, lots of great places to do it, just not wise to do alone.

7. My brother-in-law lives in Boring (east of Portland) and he took us for a ride and hike somewhere near Mt. Hood. It was fun but I don't know the name of the place exactly. Thanks for your comments.

8. Thanks so much Gale, Gilles, and Dave. I appreciate you looking and for your kind comments.

9. Great eye for details Gordon! These are very special and not easy to find.

Regards,
    Jonathan

10. Love the shot of the leaves the lighting and color are perfect

11. It's interesting how being a photographer makes one see more than the average hiker. Thanks for your comments Jonathan and Mike.

12. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Gordon,

Just great!

The flowers are perfectly rendered, but the leaves are my favorite because you really made something fine out of almost nothing.

I wonder how many people walked by those leaves and never saw a picture in them?

John

13. Gordon,

Your images are wonderful especially the leaves. Through your lens we discover natural marvels. Bravo!

14. Isn't photography fun in the way that it makes you see things others miss. Thanks John and Crystall you are both very kind with your comments.

15. Beautiful photos Gordon. I like the angle you shot the flowers.

16. Thanks Cindy, the flowers were actually down a sheer drop off and I shot them with my 70-200mm. Not much choice on angle. Glad you like it.