Train HDR / Warp

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Serrator, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Serrator

Serrator

Aug 1, 2006
    Missouri
    A couple of weekends ago I took some shots of a local train and then did a little PP OOBizing to it. The train is a local attraction and Iron Mountain Railway offers dinner rides and such...and yes it does need a paint job!

Hey Ray can you make it new? :smile:

519337432_d23303f324_b.

536915183_eef39dd7ac_b.

2. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Very Kewl!!! I love the thick stock you used! The shadows at the bends are a nice touch. I really must try an OOB sometime...it looks to be complicated.
    This one is excellent!!! WTG!!!:smile:

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Serrator

This is my favourite OOB that you have done....and you have done some beauties!!!!

I would love to give this a go but could do nothing to improve on what you have done....

My pc wont connect to internet at the moment so am struggling with Photoshop etc but will try and give it a go smehow....BUT....yours is definitely "THE ONE"

Best wishes

Ray

ps....can you direct me to your tutorials please - this is so good I want to learn!!!!

4. Serrator

Serrator

Aug 1, 2006
    Missouri
    Thanks Robert for the kind comments! They really are not all that difficult but they can take some time to do depending on your source image.

Thanks again Ray! You are way to kind, but I appreciate your comments.
    Here is the link to the two tutorials, the first one is on creating an OOB and the second one is more about frame warping ( so you need CS2 or CS3 for the warping). You can find both pdf links on this page:

http://flickr.com/photos/serrator/153507433/in/set-72157594146002408/

5. I'm with Robert, Serrator. This doesn't look at all easy to me.
    You do such a great job with OOB!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Serrator

Thank you for the links - my task for this week!!!!

I tried to make the train look new....even painted some rusty bits but....it was just too old to look new....

So I made it the night train for fun...

Best wishes

Ray

[​IMG]

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is teriffic Serrator:>))))
    That is a great original of the train also.

Ray thats a great night train

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Gale

Many thanks........

You know, you picked up on a good point......

Because Serrator does such incredible OOB, we tend to overlook his originals. This train shot, as you say, stands in its own right as a great image.......Good point Gale!!!!! (Your sharp eye strikes again....LOL:biggrin:)

Best wishes

Ray

9. Serrator, excellent feeling of the train bursting out of the picture.

10. Serrator

Serrator

Aug 1, 2006
    Missouri
    -Virginia...thanks much, but they are very easy to do. The hard part is finding a good source image to OOBize. :) This one probably took me an hour to do..once I settled on what I wanted to do with it, I have slow brain much like this old train. :)

-Ray...outstanding retouch! You have brought in a completely different mood with this one, cool! I can almost hear the whistle (horn) and the ground shake as it goes by. Thanks too for your gracious comments on the original, I am striving to become a better photographer and with you guys as mentors I have no reason not too!!

-Gale...Thanks to you as well. You have always taken the time to comment on my pics and I do appreciate that. It occurred to me that I have not, at least that I can remember ever seeing or commenting on any of your work. So I had a stroll through you pbase gallery...wow! You have some outstanding shots...in fact I didn't see any that are not pro class stuff, you have the eye ! Your kindness towards all us beginners goes a long way!!! Thank You Again.

-MiriamJ...you made my day! Giving this static train some sense of motion and that it is trying to escape the confines of it's photograph is what I was after...thanks for relaying your feelings on this!

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Blush blush blush

Thank You so much.

Shuttle gallery has two new ones from Fridays launch

Wow what a day. Great company, fun, food, laughter
    And good shootin
    Don't get any better