Tranquility, Beauty, and Insanity

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Jul 17, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Three more from my shoot with Michi Simon. The last one is something that I envisioned immediately upon seeing the location a few months ago. It's also me stepping outside the box a bit. All C&C welcome - please be harsh. :smile:

840130534_d194c859b4_o.

839072318_f68ed70dd7_o.

840130468_c5a3831037_o.

2. Simply gorgeous shots Fred, you have outdone yourself. Beautiful tonal range on the first one and the setting is perfect, this one is my favorite. The second one is good but her expression seems a little harsh and takes away the softness that is there in the first image. The last one is very creative and my only critique is that the bright area seems a little too large. Your idea is good and I love the diaphanous feel of the other two images in that picture. Well done my friend.

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

wow Frede ..first shot simply rocks, PERIOD ..last one triggered a flash-back,,back n a bit ..lol
    ;-))

4. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    Amazing... I love the first one and the last one is just too incredible for words

5. Fred I think #1 is perfect in every way. #2 is a nice shot, which I think would have been made better by having more foilage behind the model on her right shoulder side. #3, the creativity is super. You definately pulled it off.

6. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    Frede,
    First of all, you are getting better and better my friend. I really like #1. I think that is the "money shot". The second is good but doesnt really jump out at me. The third is really creative and awesome. Thanks for sharing.

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    #1 - excellent, a classic. well done
    #2 - the background is to bright and busy. there is a green reflection on her skin. I still like it.
    #3 - very creative

Very good work Fred. :wink:

8. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    i like the 3rd shot!

9. #3 is what makes photographers
    Great Job!

Tim

10. Very nice Fred! Number 3 is pretty cool.

Anthony

11. Broyer

Broyer

Apr 26, 2006
    North Carolina
    #3 does it for me and I usually don't care for that kind of stuff but this one works.

#1 is great, perhaps a touch more contrast to give it edge?

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Very cool shot...I love it!

13. #1 Too contrived. The flowers vie with the subject for eye dominance.
    #2 Nice stock portrait.
    #3 Woah! Now you're talking. Love that shot!

Thanks for bouncing 'em off us. Let's see more like #3.

14. You've really outdone yourself this time Fred.... :smile:

15. Great job Fred! I love #'s 1 and 3. Not really feeling her facial expression on #2...

16. I think the first one is the weakest of the three... it's just too much of a cliche for someone of your vision.

The second is glorious... such tranquil, natural beauty and that expression is captivating and personal... very subtle, very engaging... like the last thing you see before that kiss you remember for a very long time.

The third one is off the charts... absolutely one of the most convincing special effects image I've see anywhere. Dreamlike, ethereal, misty, thought provoking with not the slightest hint of being forced. An outstanding effort by all involved.

BRAVO!

17. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Quite a series Fred. #2 has all the ingredients of a classic portrait....beautiful!

#3 is outstanding and I find Woody's comments interesting as I thought of his work as soon as I saw it. Not that it looks like a rip off of anything he has done, but it has the far reaching creativity that his work often shows. Excellent execution of your concept.

I think the first is held back a bit for me by her expression. Elements of it are excellent, but something is slightly off ....pose....?.......looking down at too sharp an angle maybe....? I'm not really sure. But regardless these are the kinds of nits that only other photographers pick and frankly some who would do the picking have probably never produced anything as good.

Well done Fred. It's been a treat watching you get good fast and seeing your confidence grow. You've quickly moved beyond good technicals in standard shots and in to a world of personal vision and I think that's what its all about.

Looking forward to your next set!

18. OnlyJess243

OnlyJess243 Guest

i love shot one and three! good job! you gave me insiration for an assignment that i have to do, we have to make three exposures on the same 4x5 film.

19. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Gordon - I really appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed critique.

Thanks Nute........are you back yet? :)

Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words.

Thanks Roy - I agree on #2. I may try adding more foliage.

Thanks for the kind words Mike.

Thanks Charles. I agree about 2 - gonna see what I can do with it before I give it to Michi.

Thanks Phil, I'm glad you like the image.

Thank you Tim!

Many thanks Anthony.

Thanks Tim!

Thanks Leigh. I figured #3 would not be for everybody. I am very happy that you like it. :)

Thanks Stephen - more to come.....

Thanks Brain - that's very nice of you!

Thanks Keith - two out of three ain't bad.... :)

Thanks for keeping me honest Woody. I always appreciate the kind words and critiques. You are a huge inspiration to me.

Thanks Stuart - I really appreciate, and always look forward to, your honest and detailed critiques.

Oh man how cool! That sounds like fun - I am totally envious. Thanks for the kind words - I'm glad you were inspired by the shot. Please post your assignment - I'd love to see what you come up with.