Transfer photos from Z7 to MacBook Air

Hi there, I hope you could help me. I transferred some photos from my new Z7 to MacBook Air (version 10.12.6). Only one of the photos can be opened. The others can be opened only for approximately half a second. What shall I do to open those photos or how I can transfer them correctly? Many thanks.

macOS 10.12 doesn’t natively support the Z7 image files. You need to update macOS to at least Mojave or Catalina.
Many thanks for advice. I was wondering whether there is any other way, e.g. using a card reader, that may solve the problem? Also, strangely I can open one of the photos. How did that happen?

Real Name
Andy
Many thanks for advice. I was wondering whether there is any other way, e.g. using a card reader, that may solve the problem? Also, strangely I can open one of the photos. How did that happen?
I can think of two solutions to view your RAW (NEF) files without upgrading to Catalina:
  1. Use SnapBridge to send the files to your MacBook Air. I believe there's an option to convert to jpg during export.
  2. Obtain software that can display the RAW files. There are numerous options, some free, some not-so-free. A good place to start would be to download Nikon's own View NX, which is free. Even the paid applications offer free trials.
One possible reason that you have a lone viewable image is that you edited one of the NEF files in the camera and exported it as a JPG via SnapBridge.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom