Transferring pictures from iPhone to iPad (Automatic or not)

While waiting for iCloud, is there an easy way to transfer pictures taken with the iPhone to the iPad either automatically or manually ? I love the Camera+ app on my iPhone but I'd like to process some of my pictures with Snapseed. I just don't want to use the crappy iPad camera to take pictures.

I'm not sure if there's an automatic way to do it. But one simple way is:
* Plug in iPhone to PC/Mac
* Use Nikon Transfer to transfer iPhone photos to the computer
* Plug in iPad
* Use iTunes to point to directory of tranferred iPhone photos to sync with iPad

Done. Depending on how you want your files structured, you may want to do a manual copy step in there between directories of course.

But as far as I'm aware you have to manually copy the photos from your iPhone to your Mac/PC.

Thanks Bret but that's exactly what I want to avoid. I know there's an app on Cydia that automatically downloads your pictures to the cloud like Dropbox. It's as if your camera roll is in the cloud so you can share it with all your jailbroken iDevices. Unfortunately, I own an iPad 2 which can't be jailbroken at this time so this option isn't possible for me right now... That's why I'm trying to find something that exists in the app store.

I don't have an iPad but I do have an iPhone. Try this and let me know.
1. Connect the iPhone, close iTunes if it opens
2. Connect the iPad
3. From the desktop, click on Go on the top Tool Bar
4. Applications
5. Image Capture
6. Image Capture should recognize the iPhone and be shown under Devices
7. At the bottom where it says "Import To: Other
8. See if the iPad is available, select the directory
9. Import

Why not just email them to yourself and save them on your iPad? That's what I just did...making sure I sent original size.

Easy to do until iCloud comes out

I just found what I was looking for in another thread. Thanks to Walter for sharing the information. What I was looking for was PhotoSync.

I just downloaded it and I'm currently transfering my camera roll from my iPhone to my iPad. It takes seconds to setup and it works great.

Technical Details
iOS 4.2 and higher supported
Supported transfer directions: Device to Computer (Wi-Fi), Computer to Device (Wi-Fi), Device to Device (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth)
All Exif data, GPS data, and file date is preserved for photos/videos in Camera Roll
Full support for RAW images and photos/videos imported with iPad Camera Connector
Requirements for FREE Mac-Companion: Mac OS X 10.5 or higher (Intel and PPC supported)
Requirements for FREE Windows-Companion: Windows XP SP 2 or higher, Windows Vista or higher, Windows 7
Web-Browser-Access requires modern browsers with JavaScript-Support enabled
Transfer Rate up to 2,5MB/sec (depending on device and network)
3rd party services require a user-account for that service

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom