1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Transformation

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Yvette, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
  2. Almost missed that one. Wow, you really documented every stage.

Well done.

Cheers

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Another great series

4. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thank you Harry. I think I did get every stage except I would have liked to have seen the larva hatch from the eggs but unfortunately I did not get to see that. Maybe next year. I hope they will be back again. Guess I won't try and treat the tree for all the aphids as that seemed to attract them. My mother was telling me that in Texas her neighbors actually bought these ladybugs so that they would eat the aphids on their plants. I had no idea people would do that. I should have bottled them all up and made some money :biggrin:

5. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thank you.

6. This type of thing is getting more and more popular with commerical growers in the UK. They use ladybirds and lacewings for keeping down aphids.

Bob F.

7. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    My husband is in Destin this morning and he said he saw posters advertising the sale of ladybugs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.