Transmission Towers

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Maji, Aug 11, 2008.

1. I was at the Kenner (a suburb of New Orleans) lakefront near my home and thought the setting Sun and the repetition of the transmission towers made for a great image. These images have been made at different days or time with different cloud conditions.

Your comments are very welcome. Thank you for viewing.

No. 1 - I cropped it to panoramic shape. I used the Fuji Astia simulation on DXO filters to get a little more saturation of the orange. I think the monotone works here.

2752670020_f5ddc1ddf7_b.

No. 2 - Same day as No. 1. Just when the Sun was going down below the horizon.

2751843191_770048003e_b.

No. 3 - This was made on a different day using the Tammy 200-500. I do enjoy using super tele to make landscape images sometimes.

2683870789_73554f052a_b.

2. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Maji,

like all three - #1 especially. Great series.

3. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Maji,

Greetings. I saw the title of your thread and thought hmmm. But I was surprised :wink:

I like the first one (the second two look like, well, transmission towers). The first has a nice abstract pattern appeal. The horizon looks a hair off though (to my eyes lower on the right) and for my sense of composition just about maybe 5% off the bottom (so the right-most tower is a bit larger in the frame)...

I like it (er, not so's to print it and put it on my wall, but... :wink:) 

Cheers,

-Yamo-

4. Thank you Matthias for your comments.

Yamo... great catch on the horizontal being off. I did notice it too. It will need another crop from the original. Thanks for looking and your comments.

5. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I'm electrified!!!! I like image #3 with the huge sun in the background. Nice series.

6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Nice series. #3 is my favorite but they're all neat.

7. Those are really nice. Number 1 gets my vote, that is a wall hanger.

8. that first image is fantastic

9. The first one & last ones are great! In the first one, are those black dots in the water bouys or birds or something?

10. Thank you everyone for your kind comments and views.

Texanguy, I did not notice those black objects when I was there. I think they are buoys, but for crab/crawfish traps maybe. I am not sure.

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Excellent imagery ! Congrats !

12. Absolutely LOVE #1 ! What a wall-hanger !!!

:smile:
    J-P.

13. Love them all, but I like #2 the best.

14. brucedane

brucedane

Jul 10, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Good images - Number 1 gets my vote; between the color and shapes it's a compelling design study.

15. Thank you all for your kind comments.

16. Lovely! I've had that shot in mind for a while, but have never had everything come together quite like this! Way cool!

17. sylwesterski

sylwesterski

Jul 25, 2006
    Seattle,WA
    Shot #1 is my favorite, good stuff.

18. Thank you Palouse and sylwesterski.

19. Ken K

Ken K

Dec 10, 2007
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I agree with Glen, the 1st one is a great shot. Nice composition.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.