Trapshooting Picture

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by docshank, May 26, 2007.

1. docshank

docshank

Feb 24, 2007
    Tennessee
    I messed up and originally posted this on the wrong gallery (people, weddings,etc.).

I was competing at a local trapshooting tournament the other day. When I got through shooting, I put my shotgun away and started shooting with my camera (it doesn't kick as much).Ha!!! We were shooting clay targets, not critters. No drinking or horseplay just good competition and clean fun. Here is a picture I put together of one of my friends shooting. Pictures were taken with Nikon D70s and 180mm f2.8 lens.

_DSC3883nc_8x10_DXO.

2. Very cool! I had a lot of fun when I tried that once.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nicely done.

4. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

wow awesome.... !

5. deznpj

deznpj

Apr 12, 2007
    SoCal
    well...I have heard of shotgun weddings before!! was that the father of the bride? :tongue: great pix!!

6. hey nice photo! I like the way you put em all together! :biggrin:

7. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    very impressive!

8. Neat. Like the Model 12.

I was a serious trapshooter at a younger age, but took up distance running and lost too much weight to stand up to the pounding of a 12 gauge.

9. BryanSpeed

BryanSpeed

Feb 20, 2007
    N. Texas
    good subject! we had a range close by to my house for a short while, and when I was at Nokia, was 10 minutes from another range. but no more :(
    I shoot a beretta semiauto, mostly skeet.

10. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Nice job, I like the way you put it together.

11. Mainuh

Mainuh

Feb 20, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Nice shots! The center and upper right are my favorites. The wadding heading out towards towards the clay pidgeon is cool. Haven't been myself for a couple years, but it is a lot of fun.

12. Nice shots there Doc. Looks like the 180mm is doing you well. I like your layout.

I enjoy shooting skeet, and sporting clays. I have fun with my 16 gauge Remington 870. "PULL!".

George.

13. docshank

docshank

Feb 24, 2007
    Tennessee
    Thanks Don and George

I enjoy shooting skeet and trap. But in my area there are not many competition skeet shoots. I have a cousin that is a member of the Memphis Gun Club, he's been after me for the last two years to come down and shoot sporting clays with him. I'm hoping to work it into my schedule sometime this summer. I know I'll have a ball shooting sporting clays.:biggrin:

I'm going to a registered trapshoot at Henderson, TN this Saturday. In between shooting events, I plan on setting my camera up on a tripod and setting the appeture to the highest number, to hopefully get the shooter and the target in focus while the target is breaking.:wink:

Any tips on technique would be appreciated.

docshank