1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Travel Advice for Lenses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xcutter, Mar 24, 2007.

1. xcutter

xcutter

May 3, 2005
    S.E. Florida
    I am leaving for Germany and The Netherlands on Monday. I want to travel as light as possible and still have what I may need for my trip. I own a D200 with a Nikon 18-200vr, Nikon 70-300vr and a Nikon 60mm macro. I feel that the 18-200 and the 60mm will be all I need. I am planning to leave the 70-300at home. Will I regret that move?

Rich

2. Take also the Kenko TC in case that you need it, the Nikon 18-200mm gives you a good range but if you have the TC then you won't need to bring the 70-300mm. Remember to bring also CF cards, batteries and charger.

Enjoy the trip and have a good time!

3. Edgar,
    Will the 1.4 work on the 18-200? I thought that TC could damage a lens at under 50mm.
    Rich

4. Blair

Blair

Jul 28, 2006
    Oregon
    just take your 18-200 and forget about the other two.

5. xcutter

xcutter

May 3, 2005
    S.E. Florida
    No, I definitely need the 60mm macro. I will be shooting closeups of flowers.

6. xcutter

xcutter

May 3, 2005
    S.E. Florida
    That is my concern about the TC

7. Rich:
    You are right, I use my Nikon TC14E and TC17E with three other lenses I own, the Nikon 18-200mm is not in the Nikon approved lenses. Your best option is what you suggested - Nikon 18-200mm and the 60mm macro.

8. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    I spent some time in France :599: last October and took just the 18-200VR and Sigma 10-20. I didn't feel I needed anything else. Just make sure you bring enough storage.

9. Note that he said he was leaving on Monday. That was yesterday. :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.