Traveling Camera I Project- Update 8-8-09

Hellllloooooooooo............................. can anyone hear me......... I am way down here........ Hello.....

Yep, it's me.... I am still alive and kicking, busier than ever. Sorry to just disappear from the scene without notice. Several things have happened... I have been travelling extensively and when you start shooting on assignment and to be published... the powers that be are very unhappy when the photos show up on the internet. And since most of my shooting has been by commission instead of personal, I have not had much to post or time to play for that matter.

Hope everyone is having a great New Year and is well and healthy. I am headed off to the Sydney Fashion Week to do some behind the scenes work... so catch-up with everyone abit later.

Ray,

I will make it a priority to get the negatives and slides edited and scanned in the next few weeks. Can you send me a PM to where images are to be published.

Thanks,
Lynn, I sent you the address via pm since it is presently not for public consumption.

My avatar came from our camera. Here's the whole thing, matted at an angle:

self103108.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There are some days I am quite sure I would not want to meet you in a dark alley!

Here is the contact sheet for the first film run through the 'Travelling Camera I', a roll of Rollei Retro 400, probably stand developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 60 minutes. I developed this roll back in Sept. or Oct. last year and it probably just got dropped in a tank of Rodinal 1:100 with a few other films.

So here is.. the good, the bad and the ugly!

Also you can see a higher resolution 2MB file of this contact sheet.

Dirt, scratches, stripes and other apparent defects are from the negative protector.

It would be great to have some feedback from you about your favorites and then I will scan those frames in hi-res and send them onto Ray for the 'exhibit'. So let me know.

Here is the contact sheet of second roll of film I put through the 'Travelling Camera I', a roll of expired Kodak Gold 200.

Also you can see a higher resolution 3MB file of this contact sheet.

Again you get see everything, good and bad. A few of the last frames are blurry due to a crease in the negative protector and I was too lazy to move the negatives to a new sheet. Let me know your favorites and I will send some hi-res scans to Ray.

There is still a roll of Kodachrome 64 that needs to come back from Dwayne's, I will scan a contact sheet of it when it arrives, probably still a few weeks off.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynn,

I really like the perv shot of frame 17A :smile: and also frame 24A stands out.
The color film looks really cool, like taken out from a road trip somewhere between the late 70's and early 80's. I wouldnt be surprised if I saw chevy chase in one of the frames :redface:

Koen, the camera is broken - malfunctioning light meter! So, right now the project is on hold until I decided whether to continue it or not!

Another forum member may be able to supply us with a 35RC to continue the project. I'll know definitely by early next week!

Michael (mhcfires) has donated an Oly 35RC for project! A big round of appreciation for this!

A few shots from the 35 RC

Just before I sent the camera to Ray, I finished off a roll of Arista Premium 100 film. It is a lot like Kodak Plus-X. Here are a few shots from that roll:

I saw these four bums on the rail of the seawall at the San Diego Embarcadero, I like to refer to them as "feathered rats":
3672550847_72b9c6d02f_o.jpg

A cruise ship in the background of the San Diego Maritime Museum:
3673358768_5913e4e4e6_o.jpg

An old Chevy pickup:
3672550677_bbc6475af2_o.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom