Traveling (planes) with GND filters

Hi guys and gals,

I have a question regarding traveling with GND filters on airplanes.

Has TSA ever give any grief to anyone traveling with resin filters on a carry on bag?

I am planning a trip with multiple flights in between and I just thought about that.

Thank you all for any responses.

Most of the time my camera gear gets pulled aside to be checked. I can't recall any time them looking at the C-Pol or ND filters I have. Why would a GND attract any interest?

Thank you guys. I am asking because I have know of people that had some plexiglass and formica on their bag TSA gave them some grief about it. And since Singh Ray filters are not that much different than a 4x6 plexiglass sheet it got me thinking.

Thanks again!

No TSA agent has ever actually looked inside my camera bag. Last time i flew iwent to seattle and had my thinktank airport antidote with camera gear and laptop in the laptop case that comes with it. They did not open the camera bag and i did not have to take the laptop out. They dont seem to care about digital these days. Not like they used to be about film....

Since I fly almost every week a couple of times, I get proportionally more inspections of the photo gear.

TSA has looked over my gear numerous times, but my Lee sized Singh-Ray filters haven't been an issue so far. They do get a little crazy looking at the 200-400mm, however... :eek:

John P.

I usually pull the camera out and send it through with the laptop. Never looked at my stuff closer than that, even with the 300mm 2.8 in the bag.

The last two times I've flown, they didn't even open my camera backpack, and its full of everything. The laptop had to come out, but the photostuff went through untouched...:rolleyes:

Latest threads

Top Bottom