1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Traveling with AB800

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by hoanginc, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Good news for me, i'm traveling to Vietnam (actually it's going back) this summer. I plan to get a AB800 setup but I'm a little worried about the portability of it. I will need to fit 1 AB800, a large octabox (non-foldable type), and the heavy duty stand. The stand is about 42 inches which won't fit in any luggage I have, can I carry it then? Any tips on protecting my equipment? Thanks in advance :smile:

2. Thanks for your suggestion John. However I'm looking to do studio work later when I return to the US, at this point I might need to ship the AB800 instead of carry it :smile:

3. I would take some SB-800's and call it good. Small, light and provide fantastic results.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.