1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tree-cutting Day

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Mike Buckley, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Today my next-door neighbor had a tree cut down and many limbs removed from other trees.

Photo 1
    Mike 2019-04-25--021-S.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo 2
    Mike 2019-04-25--234-S.jpg

Photo 3
    Mike 2019-04-25--292-S.jpg

Photo 4
    Mike 2019-04-25--079-S.jpg

Photo 5
    Mike 2019-04-25--396-S.jpg

Photo 6
    Mike 2019-04-25--487-S.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nice story telling images Mike. I like the compositions .

3. Thanks, Binnur. My next-door neighbor appreciates having the photos as a memory of the day the lot her house is on changed so dramatically.

4. barry lloyd

barry lloyd

Jun 12, 2007
    UK
    Just had our 4 oak trees looked at as well this tuesday past (7 may). All they are allowed to do is remove the dead wood and trim the trunk. There are TPO's (tree preservation order) on them so any work done over and beyond could land us with a huge fine.

a fraction of the dead wood removed

1roVovG.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  5. Nice shots, looks like they knew what they were doing.

6. Thanks, Rick! The crew was not only very effective but also took great care to prevent damage to the yard. They were also very nice to chat with.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  7. the climbers amaze me with their skill and guts, nice captures

8. Thanks, Randy!

Me too! I asked the guy using the chain saw if there is ever a time when he doesn't have scabs from where the tree bark scrapes his arms. He said "never" and added that he has had so much contact with poison ivy that his body is gradually building up a natural immunity to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.