Critique Tree in Mist

Besides liking the fog (as Bart mentioned too) I like images like this one of single trees. I would have also taken an image whwere the tree is only 5-10% of the frame.

Thank you to Bart and Allan!

I would have also taken an image where the tree is only 5-10% of the frame.
That would have been practical with this scene if I had increased the amount of sky. Not so due to distracting elements if I had increased the amount of land. Even so, I never thought of increasing the sky so much. If you have an example of a tree being such a small part of the frame, please post it here so all of us can think about that style of composition.

Lovely! I'm solidly in the fog and the solo tree camps. Mike, you did very well with this one; I particularly like the strategically located burst of dark tones in the lower part of the tree.

...I would have also taken an image where the tree is only 5-10% of the frame.
That would have been practical with this scene if I had increased the amount of sky. Not so due to distracting elements if I had increased the amount of land. Even so, I never thought of increasing the sky so much. If you have an example of a tree being such a small part of the frame, please post it here so all of us can think about that style of composition.
Can I show an example?
At least, that's what I think Allan meant. Correct me if I'm wrong, @Allan!
No fog however but I don't think that's the point.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Or this:

Good point, Mike! I didn't consider that though: at that moment, I wasn't thinking of the tree or trees. Just the view and the road.

By the way, If you look really close on the rim of the slope in the distance, you'll spot a third tree: the one from my first image:

Thanks, Mike and Nick!
I'll update my "portfolio". The arrow was only part of the screen shot :D

Update will most probably result in updating the posted version as well. Not sure since the images are converted into attachments on posting.
In case it does change, sorry for any confusion.

I completely agree with Glenn about the depth in the image Mike, very nice photo! I wouldn't leave so much empty space at the top though if the image was mine.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom