Tree Swallows

Well it's definitely spring.. The Tree Swallows are coming into Bombay Hook in full force making for great opportunities..

D90, 70-300vr, A-Priority, Spot

300mm, f/5.6, 1/800, ISO200
5540359289_d4dfe06646_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

300mm, f/5.6, 1/4000, ISO500
5540359073_92a5187db3_b.jpg

300mm, f/5.6, 1/800, ISO200 (almost no crop on this one)
5590982898_4613a6d37c_b.jpg

Thanks Alex.. I was lucky that it was a windy day and they were at some times almost just hovering.. Still had to boost ISO up quite a bit to get a faster SS.. I'm sure I looked like a crazy bobble head doll out there trying to track these little guys ;)

Really cool. Love that close up. We have them here in Georgia too. Im ready for the other migrants to start showing up.

#2 is special. #3 is nifty. You maybe could have stopped down even more to get a little more depth of field so the beak and maybe even the shoulder would be sharper. But you nailed the eye, which is what matters.

Really cool. Love that close up. We have them here in Georgia too. Im ready for the other migrants to start showing up.
Thank You.. Pretty sson they will be thick as flies around here..

#2 is Amazing
Thanks

#2 is special. #3 is nifty. You maybe could have stopped down even more to get a little more depth of field so the beak and maybe even the shoulder would be sharper. But you nailed the eye, which is what matters.
Thank you.. I am so used to shooting this lens at 5.6 that I forget how shallow it really does get when I'm at MFD like I was with this one.. Didnt even dawn on me until I did edit.. Still a rookie at this.. one day I'll learn :)

Bill, I do the same thing all the time! That's the only reason I mentioned it!
All in the learning process.. My brain does tend to shut off when the action starts though lol

Bill, that second shot is pretty darn good. Getting these guys in flight is so tough!

That second shot is sweet.

Beautiful shots !!
Yep I agree -- a true sign of spring ... probably won't see any up here for a week or 2 yet ....

ron

Like #2 a hard shot to get.

Good shooting...#2 is hard to beat though, great shot!:smile:

Thanks all.. Just a bit of luck with #2 because they were playing in the wind and almost come to stop in mid air at times..

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom