1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tri-colored Heron

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Reggie, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Reggie

Reggie

Dec 10, 2005
    Parrish, FL
    [​IMG]

D3X
    Nikkor 600 AF-S DII lens

2. Nice shot!

3. Super shot. Nice detail in feathers. Well done.

4. Terrific shot Ron, excellent details and colors in this shot. How do you like the D3X and the 600mm? I would think that with that combo you have the resolution you need and the reach.

5. Reggie

Reggie

Dec 10, 2005
    Parrish, FL
    Hi Louis,
    I think the combo works pretty well. I am enjoying using the D3X this summer. As you know, we don't have a lot going in the way of bird photography here this time of year, well, actually the shooting is just as good as ever, it's just not a lot of fun being out in the heat, humidity, and bugs that we have this time of year. So I have been shooting storms.
    I'm waiting for the Eagles to start up again in October. The D3X works great with the 200-400 VR lens too. I'll post another shot of a bird taken with that combination so you can see that.

6. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Very Nice!

7. okcandids

okcandids

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern NH
    Nice capture.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.