Triathlon D2Xs and 400 f2.8

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Vistekrebel, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Vistekrebel

Vistekrebel

Jan 18, 2006
    How do they look?

The 400 f2.8 is a fantastic lens. Auto ISO and Shutter priority.
    Af set to Continuous and fps+rate no lock-on.

There are a couple of images with my 70-200 and 12-24 as well.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~vistekrebel/

thanks,

AK

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The images look real nice, capturing these candids from a long distance is ideal.

3. Vistekrebel

Vistekrebel

Jan 18, 2006
    Thanks for the comments guys!

Sorry no trades on the 400 f2.8 ;)

Events like this are great to shoot. Lots of reaction from the participants and easy access to everything.

AK

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2007
  4. AK,.. GREAT shots......
    Frank...... stop it... wipe your chin
    hehehe.. : ~ ) had to Buddy !
    ohhhhh the 400 2.8

5. Great shots Andrew. You have a nice eye for the candids and use of color. I particularly liked #1 and 17.

6. Nice shots great candids, and you are right that is one sweet lens, I am thunking of sellign one of my children for one, but have not gotten a high enough offer yet

7. Hi Andrew. Nice work. Does your site allow exif info? I was wanting to check on the aperture you selected on some of the shots. Were you using the HSC on the D2xs?
    Which 400 2.8 were you using?.
    Were you using a monopod, tripod or hand held. I can hand hold mine for about 10 seconds if I need to:redface:, after that I get a little tremor up that ruins it.:Crunk:

8. Vistekrebel

Vistekrebel

Jan 18, 2006
    Hi Dave,

Here is a link to a revised site with all the EXIF data.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~vistekrebel/EXIF/

I used a monopod for the 400. It's the AFS 400 F2.8D II the current version.
    Hate the two piece hood, but love the lens. Quite a handful. I did use HSC at times and found it worked well but at the equivalent of 800mm sometimes it was too tight for the subjects.

AK

9. Same model as mine. I love the 2 piece hood! From your exif, you are getting the same results as I do, f/3.3 is better than F/2.8, but f/2.8 is no slouch!

10. Great shots! The isolation from the backround and the ability to get in so close to the subjects (especially the ocean swimming) is very impressive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.