1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tribute in Light Top of the Rock (Broadband)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Sep 12, 2008.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Here series of panoramas taken at the Rockefeller Observation Deck aka "Top of the Rock". All images taken with my D200 and stitched with PTgui. I have to admit, its really fun to shoot iso 100 :) 

The "Top of the Rock" has a no tripod policy but I was able to use a small table top tripod (Gitzo G0012) and I saw others using gorilla pods. There was one gentleman who tried to open a full size tripod and he was quickly told to put it away.

#1 - nikkor 12-24, 14 image
    original.

#2 - nikkor 70-200, 3 image
    original.

#3 - nikkor 50, 2 row 24 image
    original.

#4 - nikkor 35-70, 10 image
    original.

#5 - nikkor 50, 3 image
    original.

#6 nikkor 70-200
    original.
    NIKON D200    ---    200mm    f/8.0    13s    ISO 100

2. Gnome

Gnome

Mar 6, 2007
    Born in Europe
    Robert these are simply wonderful (as we've come to expect from you), thank you for posting them I'll just stare at them a while - may be some time ;-)

3. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Robert, as usual, you've outdone yourself!

Absolutely superb.

I just hope some old curmudgeon doesn't make comment about how you're wasting bandwidth! ;-)

4. Robert...
    awesome imagery, sir
    just incredible

thanks for sharing these with us

5. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
  6. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    The pano meister did it again!

7. what and awesome series. thank you for sharing, and are those spot lights signifying where the twin towers used to stand?

8. I agree. The first one is awesome. Nice job.

9. Wow! Mr Pano. has done it again.

10. Wonderful view Mr. RFC!
    #1 is super duper!

11. Love 'em Robert. The inclusion of the other observers in lower right and left corners of #1 adds so much to the image, IMO.

12. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Well done! Thanks for sharing and letting us reflect on 9-11.

13. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    Super series. Thx for sharing.

14. Wow! These are fantastic images, RFC. We saw the skyline from the top of the Rock a while back, but never at night. Thanks for sharing them.

15. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Jaw Dropping Shots!!

16. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Great series. No5 is my fave! :biggrin:

17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Genome, Murreywalker, Spalding12, BradNYC, Kpstatz, Scottn_photo, Dez, Phillipe Roger, Leung, Dave Dickerson, Zee71, GKR1, Buckeye Biker, Shtarka1, and Mart61

Thank you everyone for taking the time to leave such nice comments.

These lights hold a very special meaning for many of us and although I have photographed them before, it was still a moving experience.

One interesting event that happened that evening was a young couple asked me if I could take a photo of them with their point n shoot. As I was framing the image, the gentleman got down on his hands and knees and proposed to his girlfriend. At first I thought he was kidding around until he pulled out the ring. I got the shot and congratulated the lucky couple. This was the first time I have photographed a marriage proposal :) 

Thanks again

18. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    Robert
    another mind boggling series of panos
    awesome as usual

the proposal, just icing on the cake

one day you will have to show me how you set up
    although I am not very good at standing in one spot...:cool: 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2008
  19. Wow! Great pictures. Glad you posted the panos are superb. Feel like I am there having a look too.
    Barb

20. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Wonderful. I like them all but #5 is my favorite of the group.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.