Tribute to Grandma...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Had a photoshoot with a young model this evening who brought some of her friends along. One of her friends had this HUGE tatoo on her thigh as a tribute to her grandmother who passed away. This really touched me as I was going to do something similar to honor my Grandmother who had also passed on. I asked her if I could photograph her tattoo and she graciously agreed...here's what I came up with. Taken with D2hs and 85 1.4 shot at 2.8...

[​IMG]

What do you think???

2. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Keith, I amagine this can go the way of Nikon vs Canon. I admire her dedication to her grandmother but the female boby is art that stands on it's own. No need for the graffiti. The tatoo is nicely done (good work) it just takes away from the atractive young lady.

3. I agree with you, Troy. The female body is definitely a work of art. That tattoo is only one of many, she's got another one that covers her left side from just under her arm to just above her waistline...

Tattoos are not for everyone, I never thought I'd have one, but I do... :biggrin:

4. It is pretty... Oh, and that thigh aint bad either. I'm just not a fan of ink.

As a critique, I think the image, as a keepsake for the young lady would be better if she made just a little bit of eye contact with the camera. Maybe head still pretty much down, but looking upwards towards the lens.

5. Thanks Roy. It's funny that you say that. I have another one with her looking up at me...for some reason I liked this one better. I'll re-visit the other one, and maybe I'll add it to the post at a later date....

6. Keith,

Love the light, love the composition, love the color. I like her looking down, it's like she's thinking about her grandmother. IMHO, if she was looking at the camera, it would be like she's showing the tat off. As it was composed, she's thinking about "what was".

I like it. Great job.

Best Wishes,

7. Thank you Jim!! I thought the same thing, and that's the main reason I like it better than this version...

[​IMG]

8. Nope, don't like the latest as much at all. With this one, the first thing I look at is her eyes, then I drop down to the tat. There's no story. With the first one, the tat is the focus of the picture, and everything else is secondary.

Stick with the first one.

9. Exactly... :biggrin:

10. Jim & Keith, I think you guys are right. The first emphasizes the tatoo more. In the second her face/eyes draw me away.