1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tribute to my mother

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Bohdan, Oct 28, 2018.

1. It would have been my mom's 91st birthday yesterday. Sadly she left us on Sept 1st this year.
    The image that I created here, for me symbolizes what she meant for us. A candelabra that represented her love of her Ukrainian culture and her faith. The three lit candles symbolizing the three sons she brought into this world and and worked hard all of her life to ensure that we were looked after and grew together as a family. The harvest in the foreground representing her commitment to ensuring we always had something nourishing to eat. And lastly the two unlit candle holders representing her passing, and that of her late husband Wasyl who she dearly loved.
    Candelabra%207934-X3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 4
  2. A thoughtful and well portrayed tribute, Bob.

3. Thank you very much Don

4. Beautiful Bob. I'm certain your mother likes it too.

5. Thanks Rick . She was always supportive of my passion

6. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss, Bob. I love the tribute.

7. Thank you Lyndee . Very much appreciated.

8. Very sorry to hear this Bob. I obviously didn't know your mother and can't claim to know you all that well even though we have shared a few afternoons together. Having said that, I somehow feel the connection you shared and the only way that can be is from the pictures you have shared along the way, celebrating the culture that you obviously both shared with equal measures of passion. She lives on through you!

9. Thank you very much Brian for your kind, heartfelt words

10. Thanks very much Mike.

11. Very nice presentation Bob. I'm sorry for your mom.

12. Thank you Binnur. She is missed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.