1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Trickshooting with a shotgun and how to shoot it!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by knut, Aug 11, 2009.

1. knut

knut

Aug 25, 2005
    Norway
    For those of you interested in guns as well as photography, this link may be of interest. http://www.scanout.com/articles/view/2706/600 This is trick shooting with a shotgun on a world class level. You will also find out how the video and the photographs were made. Enjoy! :smile:
    Knut

2. awesome. thanks for the link

3. Not interested in guns but that bloke is unreal.

4. darkone

darkone

Nov 13, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Cool link. I can't imagine shooting a shotgun that fast.

5. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Pretty neat! Didn't know the sport existed. Thanks.

6. Really cool, thanks for sharing. They have shotgun and single action revolver competitions in the US. Cowboy Fast Draw is nice to watch.

7. bucky919

bucky919

Feb 9, 2008
    Minot, ND
    Very cool, these guys amaze me, early goose is right around the corner and I can't wait, to get into the field...

8. CombatCam

CombatCam

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbia, TN
    Those where some cool pics, put mine to shame =P
    3753642832_4fe06bd68f_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3752847357_40f44e0d05_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

9. "So, what do you do for a living?"

"I shoot things, really fast."

"Ah......"

:biggrin:

That is a neat way to photograph his skills - I wonder how badly the weight of the camera attached to the barrel affects his aim.

Sean

10. bucky919

bucky919

Feb 9, 2008
    Minot, ND
    I doubt really any, ive used a helmet cam on my shotgun before. Just think theres 9 shells in the gun also so it get lighter as hes go's

This is an actual hunting vid from last year, I used the barrel cam: http://www.ramseyleonard.com/gallery/9253912_iXByH#618000375_SirUG

11. knut

knut

Aug 25, 2005
    Norway
    Incredible shooting skills indeed. I suppose you have seen the behind the scenes video too. The photographers equipment took some beating. I quote: "My gear was covered in clay target powder, melons, and I had a few casualties to my gear, as a 14-24 and 24-70 had to be medevaced out." Medevaced, isnt that a bit out of place in this context? Or am I mistaken? May be it looked and smelled like a battlefield. :biggrin: I suppose the lenses were not beyond repair. Oh, by the way, not bad bringing 6 camera bodies to do this assignment!
    Knut

12. Nice tricks.But why is the expert holding his finger on the trigger all time???,and is he waving it around like a broom while it's still loaded??

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
  13. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I had the same reaction :tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.