Tricolor Heron...environmental portrait

I've got plenty of isolated portrait shots of Tricolors, but thought this one was sort of interesting showing a natural environment.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Louie

Real Name
Dan
Nice light and a beautiful bird. It was a good idea but IMO the BG is just too messy. Just the green stuff would work but the browned out stuff is just too bright and too many odd angles.

Nice light and a beautiful bird. It was a good idea but IMO the BG is just too messy. Just the green stuff would work but the browned out stuff is just too bright and too many odd angles.
Thanks very much Dan, always appreciate your input and suggestions. I was just trying something different to see what sort or reactions I would get. However, I'm beginning to like a shot that does include more of the surroundings than just a close up portrait.

Real Name
Dan
...I'm beginning to like a shot that does include more of the surroundings than just a close up portrait.
It's interesting how situational different photos can be. I tend to favor isolating the subject but in the right conditions a good environmental/behavioral shot is hard to beat. Always look forward to your work either way :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom