Tricolor heron- feeding

Very slow bird day today, two spots were completely dead- nada, nothing.
As I was about to leave my 3rd spot, I think this tricolor felt sorry for me.
He could have picked a better background- but he flew back and forth feeding for about 10min.
They are very good fishers- he was successful on I believe every pass- once getting 2 small fish.
I bad day photographing is better than a good day at work. This was a good day.
gary

orlando 51221  62291.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Yikes- oops. Thanks. Fixed.
Changed versions at the last minute and thought I fixed that- I had to rotate it a little and that went "outside" the crop.
Thanks again
gary

Interesting moment captured here, Gary. This one looks a little over saturated to my eye. Is it just the lighting playing tricks on me?

I'm also starting to dream about those slow days not working even if I don't press the shutter release.

Thanks all.
This does still look a little crunchy and I am not sure why. I had it worked up and finished- and when I posted it, it was really over the top in coloration. I went back to the original raw file and really did nothing to it- although this one did need an exposure adjustment and shadows raised more than usual. Did nothing else to it. (Got sloppy when I adjusted the crop, which Mike caught.). Not sure why it is still glowing, might actually have to cut back on saturation a little.
Working less is terrific.
Gary

I think I figured it out.
My normal color workflow starts in DXO. That program does not support the sony A1 yet,
I have been using capture one, which I really really like for black and white.
I am remembering why I never used it for color work.
It just handles color differently, and I have never taken the time to understand the color flow. My dxo flow works and I am happy with it.
I think I will put the color images on hold until dxo supports the camera- lots and lots of black and white work to do.
Gary

"My normal color workflow starts in DXO. That program does not support the sony A1 yet...."

Heads up, Gary! DXO has just provided a new update which includes support for the Sony Alpha 1 and a few other new cameras! I don't have an A1 yet but was about to edit something in DXO Photolab 4 that I'd shot with the A7R IV when the notification about the software update came in and I immediately thought of you...... I'm happy, as now when I DO get the new camera DXO Photolab 4 will be ready for it!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom